Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Life's trials and tribulations are always near.....

Downtown Lake Orion is burning down....since 7 this morning.
My niece, who my wife and I raised for several years, and her 2 year old daughter live in a small apartment building that is attached to the downtown buildings.
She was awakened at 7 am by firefighters pounding on her door and windows....her apartment was completely black and full of smoke.
Thankfully, they led her out, as well as the other residents in the building, but the fire continues to spread.
We are assuming she has lost everything due to smoke and water damage, and possibly the spread of the fire.
She has no renters insurance.....let that be a lesson to anyone renting.
My wife has her and the baby now, taking them to the store to get some clothing and other things....they had on nothing but t-shirts and shorts....no shoes, no shirt, nothing.
Please say a prayer for her and the others who have lost their belongings, their businesses, and their memories.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
ohmygod...ken! my thoughts and prayers are with her!!!

i have TWO LARGE boxes of clothes and household stuff in excellent condition that was going to be sent to my cousin in alabama (something similar happened), but she no longer needs them. i would be MORE THAN HAPPY to donate these two boxes to help her get back on her feet! just let me know, bra!

·
Registered
673 Posts
That is horrible........definitely sending prayers to everyone affected........
I'm sure if you listed what size clothes, shoes, etc. we can all pitch in and get them some much needed belongings. I for one know I have clothes with tags on them I haven't even worn yet. Then changed my mind and said ah, I don't know if I even like that anymore? I'd be happy to donate what I could.
I'm sure others would also. This is a great bunch of peeps.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Ken, so sorry to hear that. I am sure if you let us know sizes of clothing and such we can all pitch in for her.. thankfully she and her daughter are out safely!

God Bless

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Know this is no consolation to people who have lost so much but if they can look around and still see the faces of their loved ones I think that they got out of there with "everything"! Things are replaceable! Willing to contribute anything I can. I have a lot of old kids clothes that I have been hanging on to for no good reason. Hope that all is well.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Thank God neither of them were hurt !!!!!!!!

Get the sizes so we can all pitch in ...........I don`t have much but what I do have is prayers to help out.....Maybe some furniture once they get a new place........I have alot of boy stuff...

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Sure am glad that they're okay!!!!!!!

Maybe some type of fundraiser or a place to donate to help out is in order. Be sure to post if something like this is set up!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
my favorite mexican restaurant, sagebrush catina is now gone!

it's also my parent's favorite restaurant where they go at least once a week. they are on a cruise will learn of the bad news when they return.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
I too will donate what I can, let me know what they need Ken I can drop it off at your place anytime.. Sagebrush burned too wow I just talked to my wife she was driving by there when it was happening on her way to work. She wondered if anyone was in the apartments above it. Once again Ken please let me know what is needed.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Yep let us know what is needed, I would be happy to help out.

Glad their ok, hopefully no one else was hurt or worse.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I too have a basement full of clothes, appliances, household items and even furniture! I would gladly help out .......just post where to drop items off!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
My prayers are with you all. When the time comes for us to gather our donations please call on me to help out too

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Ken,

Maybe you can have a box for donations at the upcoming
Hero's Welcome Home celebration for your son.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Very sad...

A woman that I work with lives in Oxford and she was actually driving by the main street there off of 24 when the restaurant exploded, indescribable

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
boss.. love your signature! lol!

ok, where should we bring all our donated items? seems to be lots!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts