Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Long story short....I was enjoying the beginning of a weekend up-north at Camp Neeley with the SunBums, MrsCin and friends, when I got an emergency message Saturday morning.
My dad...healthy as a horse, only 64 yrs. old...had fallen off his bike Thursday afternoon (he swims 2 miles and rides 10 miles 5 days a week) .....big bump, black eye, swollen hand. He spent the night in the ER and returned home Friday.
Saturday mornning, he was incoherent and my mom called 911.

Acute Subderal Hematoma.....he's now had 2 major brain surgeries in the last 30 hours, and his life is hanging in the balance minute by minute.
I just returned from the hospital...I've been there since Saturday around 1pm....he's in a coma, unresponsive.....brain swelling larger by the hour.

I'm going to get my mom and wife to sleep now, then try and get some myself.

PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM....thanx

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
OH, Ken...I am so sorry...why didn't you tell me that when we talked today? You and your family are in my prayers.

Hugs for you, my friend.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Oh My God - That is horrible Ken. I am so sorry to hear that.

You have my # - call anytime if you need to talk, K?

Shannon

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Oh, Ken........that is horrible news....it really makes you wonder why things happen
like that.

Most certaintly I will be thinking and praying for you and yours.........Big hugs to you, friend.

Keep us posted on his progress.

·
Registered
331 Posts
i hope he get better. thoughts and prayers to him and your family.

excal

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
God speed & God's WILL to you and yours!!!

I wouldnt want to walk a mile in your shoes.........they stink!!! jk

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
That's terrible Ken. We're praying for him.

Just make sure you're talking to him while he's in the coma. That is supposed to help.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
OMG KEN!!! I am so sorry! I will definately keep your dad in my thoughts. I don't generally pray, but I think your situation definately calls for an exception. Call me if you need anything!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Ken, wow, I am soooo very sorry to hear that about your dad. Most definitely... Tom and i will keep you and you dad in our prayers. God Bless you.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Ken...Im so sorry to hear about your Dad. We will keep him in our prayers and light a candle for him. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you or your family.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I have just said a prayer for him and I will say many more for him and your family.

Snowmaker is right, talk to him. I have gone through this before and he can hear you. He will need to hear the voices of his loved ones.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts