Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

prayers needed for my dog sunshine

999 views 26 replies 25 participants last post by  Shandog 
#1 ·
Last Friday she came in limping and holding her paw up. Thought it was just a sprain so I waited a few days, before taking her in to see if it got better. It hadn’t so today at vets they checked her out and said she needs an artificial joint put in her hip... Vet said surgery was going to be over a thousand dollars and that she was 10 years old. Just said I don’t care she’s like my kid schedule an apt for her to have it. Would appreciate some prayers for her on wed. When she goes in.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hang in there Bobrob. One giant good luck cyber prayer coming your way!

Good luck Sunshine!

#9 ·
Prayers for your family and Sunshine
Poor baby. I've known a few people that have had this surgery done for thier dogs. I'm sure you have a great vet but maybe get another opinion just in case.
my sister just spent over $2000 at Michigan State for her Golden's hip replacement, granted it was a very extreme case.
Good Luck. Give kisses to Sunshine for me please

#12 ·
Bob, hope all goes well with Sunshine, my prayers are with her.

#14 ·
puppy prayers on the way! hope your baby recovers quickly!

#18 ·
Hope all goes well!

Sorry now I have this in my head

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are gray...

I know I know

#23 ·
WELL THANKS TO A FEW SUGGESTIONS FROM LSCN PEEPS WE GOT 2ND OPINION,, DR SAID GIVE HER A MONTH AND SEE HOW, SHE HEALS UP AND GIVE HER TIME. he was really informative. so were waiting a month then if she doesnt improve then surgery ,will have to be done. She seems to be doing some better putting pressure on it..

Thank you everyone for your concerns..

#26 ·
My buddy Billy Bones had a dog named Dakota back when I roomed with him. Dakota used to literally climb the fence to get out. Needless to say, he eventually got hit by a car and it broke his pelvis. My buddy was pretty upset cause he didn't have the money for surgery and thought he was going to have to put him to sleep. The doctor then told him to wait, make him as comfortable as possible and give it a little time. 1st week or so was rough, but he was back to trying to climb the fence again within about 5 or 6 weeks!!! Quite resilient animals can be some times!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.