Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
Unfortunately I have two Grandfathers who are not doing well.
My Grandpa on my Dad's side has been in hospice care for about 3 weeks. He's comfortable but declining every day. His nurse says it can be any day now.

My Grandpa on my Mom's side is having major heart surgery today (he is currently in surgery now...5 long hours) and they were told that it's a strong possibilty that he may not make it through, but they are being hopeful. He was diagnosed with having an aneurysm around his heart many months ago and his cardiologist says it was too risky to do anything with it so he's been unable to do much which is hard for him because he was an active man. He was recently diagnosed with leaky valves which needed to be fixed, so they are going in today to fix that, also doing bypass and they are going to try and fix part of the aneurysm. He lives in Tennessee and thank goodness my Mom went down to be with my Grandma., I wish I could be there too.

I knew Grandpa was having surgery, but didn't know until this morning how risky it was and it's kind of put me over. This is very hard on my parents because they can't be with each other right now.

Please, keep them both in your thoughts and prayers...we really could use it.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Many prayers for them

Oddly enough my mother is having double by-pass as we speek. Just found out yesterday prayers please.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Thoughts and prayers sent.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts