Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
My Brother had a quadruple bypass yesterday and is in ICU for a couple of days. So far he's doing well. They say the first 24 hours are the most critical. Still in ICU. They are taking the vent out today. Praying that everything works on its own.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Best wishes

·
Registered
409 Posts
My mother had a double bypass 2 years ago and it is very scary when they first come out of the operating room. My mother looked like a swollen maniquin. However, it gets better!!! In six months he will be like a new man.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
GOOD THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS FOR YOUR FAMILY ..

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
good happy thought for you and yours!

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
My wifes Cousin Bill had a quad bypass, he was in his 30's. It was a while back and hes still doing great. The dumb a$$ even smokes.... So we wish your brother well. Hang in there.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
prayers for a speedy recovery for your bro from the top gun family

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update:::
Just got back from visiting. He's awake and has some major discomfort going on.
They are not going to take the vent off until his numbers go up. Right now he's not strong enough to breath on his own they say it may be a couple more days. Took him a pad of paper and a pen so he can tell the nurses what he needs or tell them off. Spirits seem a little low but I got him to smile some. Thanks for all your well wishes and I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Nikki, I remeber those days all to well. It's been just over 5 years since I had a mechanical valve put inside my heart. ICU and the vent thing is not enjoyable and I too, had some problems. Tell your bro to stick with it and dont let it get to him, it just takes a little time and effort. It may seem difficult now, but he will reap the rewards a thousand times over. Had I not had mine when I did, I was 32, I would not have made it to see 33, buy a boat, get out ont eh lake and type this.

God's speed for his safe and uneventfull recovery.

With all my prayers,
Jim

1 - 20 of 36 Posts