Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
This E-mail from her friend, Chris Pager to me.

I am writing to let you know that Linda is having surgery on Monday. Last Friday Linda was diagnosed with breast cancer. The doctor thinks it is in the early stages, but won't know if it spread until after surgery. She was told that she will need to have approximately 3 months of chemo and radiation treatments.
Please keep Linda in your prayers.
Chris

She had a party not long ago, invited the board.
Linda Fragnoli ~ Superwoman from Paul Swensens Holloween party a few years ago~ Looking for a pic~
We all know her, She is a BRB rider & very good friend.

Breast Cancer

" She's having surgery at Troy Beaumont around 12:30 and will go straight to her mom's house afterwards... they're not keeping her in the hospital.
Linda asked me to let people know because she gets upset when she tries to tell people.
I'll let you know how things go Monday.
Take care,
Chris "

At Cap't Peg legs Birthday bash last year

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
So sorry to hear that.
Thoughts and prayers being sent!!!!

A friend of mine and AJU's has been going thru all of that for the past few months............chemo, surgery to remove both breasts and now more chemo while she undergoes the many steps for reconstructive surgery. Quite taxing on a person, both physically and mentally.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
warm thoughts and prayers to her!!

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
I know her and that really SUCKS. I feel like doing more then saying a prayer. Man what a fn bummer.

All the more reason to support Amie Lou. Breast Cancer has picked a fight with somebody we know.
Just wish we could take her back

Lets all pray for remission and a early recovery.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Best wishes for a speedy recovery

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope she has confidence in her doctors and has the courage to follow their best advice.

My wife went through a double mastectomy with reconstructive surgery almost 8 years ago now, and she has no recurring issues. Even in a best case situation, you are never the same afterward and no one should sugar coat it and pretend that's not true. But you are alive, and that's what matters.

If you have this happen and don't like your doctors, please ask around. I know it made all the difference in the world that my wife felt comfortable with her surgeon, plastic surgeon, and oncologist, who have separate practices but all know one another from med school as friends and share all info on their common cases.

It is very difficult to do some things for a month or so after a mastectomy and I'm sure she will welcome help from her friends. And when she heals and has to go through chemo, if that is recommended, she will feel OK the first couple treatments but she will gets weaker and weaker and again welcome help. Sometimes people appreciate someone sitting with them while they get the treatment, which takes an hour or so. Just having someone to talk to or cry with helps tremendously.

And if she needs chemo, she is going to lose her hair. But that's really not a big deal. I know women feel terrible about the experience, but I felt it was tremendously intimate to share my wife's bald little head with her. And the hair grows back just fine, sometimes a different color, or curly when it used to be straight, but it does grow back and eventually gets like it was before.

Women who have to go through breast cancer surgery and associated treatments are real heros and you learn alot about determination and bravery by being around them. I tell my wife now that she's the official one with balls in our family!

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All that cut'n & post'n put a tear in my eye~

Good times WILL STILL BE HAD!
I just know it!

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Busted Posted: May 12 2003, 06:29 PM

Just about the only thing she ever posted was for my birthday

Group: Members
Member No.: 1221

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Prayers are on the way.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Our prayers and thoughts being sent. We know too well the demon breast cancer. We wish her strength, postive thoughts ..and hope she knows we are all here for her.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
NO way! Linda is a super person ever time I've had the pleasure of tipping a few back with her it's been nothing but a riot. She'll surely be in my prayers. I hope everything goes well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts