Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if it's due to our firewall here at GM or not but Dailey-Interest and myself are having the worst time trying to read anything on LSCN site. It may take 10 to 15 tries before we can get a window to open to read a thread.. Anyone else having this type of problem. Also, when trying to open up a thread it may just stop and quit with a time out????

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
Hazy here, home for lunch.

While at work (GM ALSO) I have been having major problems with LSCN such as the ones that you are mentioning.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Oct 23 2003, 11:35 AM)Hazy, not to be a beotch(ok, maybe a tinch) but, dude take the two seconds and log off and in as yourself!!

For real!!

Yeah! What she said!!!

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Oct 23 2003, 10:35 AM)Hazy, not to be a beotch(ok, maybe a tinch) but, dude take the two seconds and log off and in as yourself!!

For real!!

I think I am still logd on at work although it isn't showing up on the screen here.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I get the boot sometimes too. At work only though. Ever since we changed our ISP i've got "page can not be displayed" type errors. It happens alot whenever I am responding to a thread. So I lose everything I typed out...really pisses me off. So now I copy every reponse so if I do get the boot I it's a quick and easy paste job.

But it only happens to me at work....at home I've never had any problem. So I was chaulking it up to our new POS ISP.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Perhaps your being screened because people are using terms like "bestiality" and the like. I got rung up on a screening list in the airport for that. Big brother is watching.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Having the same problem here.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Oct 23 2003, 11:20 AM)I think the free ads that our ad affiliate forces upon us are the ones that are causing the errors.
Thanks for the info.... We have been using Netscape here at the office... I wonder if that affects what is happening???

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Netscape may be one of the browsers that gets all bent out of shape from those errors. I run IE, and it disregards those errors and keeps loading the rest of the page.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Oct 23 2003, 11:39 AM)I get the boot sometimes too. At work only though. Ever since we changed our ISP i've got "page can not be displayed" type errors. It happens alot whenever I am responding to a thread. So I lose everything I typed out...really pisses me off. So now I copy every reponse so if I do get the boot I it's a quick and easy paste job.

But it only happens to me at work....at home I've never had any problem. So I was chaulking it up to our new POS ISP.
EXACT same thing here, and i'm at home.
i'll type a whole bunch of stuff then lose it cause 'page can not be displayed'

i've also encountered slow load time.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Stoopid website!

The ads not loading is slowing down the overall load time on some browsers, but otherwise the performance seems normal.

Could it be better? Yes. I need to schedule a house cleaning party with the moderators to get rid of some of the old posts. I hate to do this, but the more posts we get, the bigger the database gets, the slower the response time is.

Rerun's idea about selecting your entire message and hitting CTRL-C before hitting 'Add Reply' is a good one. Ya never know what might happen!

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I've been doing the copy and paste thing for a couple months because I'm always getting logged out for some reason or another (hasn't been bad lately), so it's a good habit, especially for long posts!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts