Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had our home sprayed for Spiders and wasps. Haven't seen one since. They were literally falling from the house. These guys are awesome.

Others have used them and it pretty much worked all year! $95 if insects return within six weeks reapplication is free. Versus $200 initally and $40 every month when they return. If it is wasps the dust to track where they are going.

Wonder if it would work on boats?

ABC Bees, Wasps, & Spiders...810-794-5678

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
What about ants? I have those huge black ants at my house. I've throw out the traps that are suppose to bring the food back to the nest and kill them all.....but there still around.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Just don't plan on having any children for a few years...

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Their flyer doesn't mention ants...but give them a call they might be able to or at least suggest. He was a very knowledgeable guy!

It is supoosed to be safe!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Funny you should mention that - I noticed the wasps near the front porch in the last 2 days and son of a gun if one didn't get in the front door and was in Danielle's bedroom.

I am so afraid to try to kill one of those suckers - if you miss 'em...
YOU'RE MINCEMEAT!!!!!

He was crushed in t.p. and flushed awayyyyyyyyyy
Yeck!! Time to call ABC!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ May 22 2003, 10:33 PM)Funny you should mention that - I noticed the wasps near the front porch in the last 2 days and son of a gun if one didn't get in the front door and was in Danielle's bedroom.

I am so afraid to try to kill one of those suckers - if you miss 'em...
YOU'RE MINCEMEAT!!!!!

He was crushed in t.p. and flushed awayyyyyyyyyy
Yeck!! Time to call ABC!!!!!!
Spring is the best time to do it! They coat the whole house!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I've sprayed for spiders the last 2 years but THANK GOD haven't noticed those critters yet - but the wasps are bad enough.

Yeah - and the grubs too.....

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ May 22 2003, 10:38 PM)I've sprayed for spiders the last 2 years but THANK GOD haven't noticed those critters yet - but the wasps are bad enough.

Yeah - and the grubs too.....

I heard the stuff on the counter is only strong enough to rid your lawn of the hatched eggs...thats why they say apply in spring...

Is this true????

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ May 22 2003, 10:51 PM)
I have NO IDEA Gary
I just thought maybe there was a expert amoung us! <_<

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ May 22 2003, 09:38 PM)Had our home sprayed for Spiders and wasps. Haven't seen one since. They were literally falling from the house. These guys are awesome.

Others have used them and it pretty much worked all year! $95 if insects return within six weeks reapplication is free. Versus $200 initally and $40 every month when they return. If it is wasps the dust to track where they are going.

Wonder if it would work on boats?

ABC Bees, Wasps, & Spiders...810-794-5678
In boats, I found out that if you hide dryer sheets through out the boat it will keep the spiders out of the cabin!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Your right, I forgot to mention how good it makes your boat smell!!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Remember that the enviroment can only handle so many pesticides.....insects can be a pain, but if we keep killing them, it eventually will end up moving up the food chain.

Not to sound like a tree huggin fool.....but there are times when it is warranted and certainly more times when it is not. Heck I dont even like to use weed killer or fertilizer on my lawn.....things live there.

Dryer sheets sound like a perfect alternative.

Mini

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ May 23 2003, 01:03 AM)Remember that the environment can only handle so many pesticides.....insects can be a pain, but if we keep killing them, it eventually will end up moving up the food chain.

Not to sound like a tree huggin fool.....but there are times when it is warranted and certainly more times when it is not. Heck I don't even like to use weed killer or fertilizer on my lawn.....things live there.

Dryer sheets sound like a perfect alternative.

Mini
Ditto! Read mine again.......works on the ants and I know Firemen is right about the dryer sheets cuz I do that, too........The insecticides stop working on them anyway........

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
We might need to try this. <_< Damn yellowjackets live up inside the peaks of our house.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
My dad is out there spraying things down with some Ortho product weekly in the summertime. I think he's rather do that than have somebody come out and take care of it. Can't teach an old Italian man new ways.

At the condo, I have a couple of those Sunbeam electronic pest repellers. It used to be in the basement, until Girlie called me crying about the tarantuala in her room. So I moved it up to the master bedroom and haven't seen any spiders in there since. Once again, friendly pest control.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
ABC CLAIMS it is environmental safe!?!?!?!?!?

not sure if it is....all I know I don't have to worry about rushing Deb to the hospital for bee stings!

Haven't seen one since!

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I spray our house myself. I went to Home Depot, looked at the bug chart and bought the appropriate spray. It is a huge container I lug around with an attached hose and sprayer. It claims it is good for inside and outside.

I sprayed all of the windows inside tracts and outside borders along with my front porch. I haven't seen any mites (from the sod we had laid) or any tarantulas.....Last year I kid you not I had one tarantuala coming through my front door a day at least! Aaaggggghhhh!!!!!!

I will never forget when I found the first one in my hallway and I knew Jeff was on his way home from school. I callled him to ask him where he was when he would be home and to drive faster. I stayed on the phone with him the whole time and kept my eye on that tarantula the whole time because I didn't want to lose site of it and I refused to kill something that BIG! Ew.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts