Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a few aluminium props reworked and woulkd like to stay close to the marina or my house (Troy). Has anyone used someone in this area?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I took mine to Henry Smith in Algonac. Good work, reasonable price. Discount Marine might help you and they are close to Troy. They also give LSCN peeps a price break. They most likely send them out to someone though so the price might not change. I had a 16X16 reworked at Henry Smith and it cost me $80. Worked great too. Used it all last summer without a problem.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i took a prop to dynamic speed and they sent it out to a place on 94 and cadixue (sp?)...they messed it up (did not cup it correctly)...so i took it to henry smith...one of the guys did it for free for me...also good prices on props...found the best price on a mirage plus around...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I am going to try to get a hold of the prop shop later this week.

·
12,052 Posts
Keep in mind, most marina's offer this service but send them out. If you have a problem ( I did one time and they fixed it and the whole job was free from dynamic speed ) they should resolve it. You can imagine with the water low and all the powerloading going on
the prop shops are pretty busy.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just dropped both by props off yesterday at Expert Propeller Repair. They are located on Mosonic by the Macomb mall. Nice guy, he does all the work himself. Cost $130 to refurbish both 15x19 props to new condition and one of them needed a lot of welding! Quick turnaround too. I dropped them off last night and they will be ready Wednesday.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the feedback. I'm heading down to the prop shop tomorrow afternoon to get my backup fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts