Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna fire up the grill, but I have no propane!
Where does one find propane near clinton/harrison twp? Like, within 10-15 minutes of 16 & harper... ?

·
Registered
666 Posts
The gas station at Jefferson and Masonic will fill them as well.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
My buddy owns Eastside Pronane and RV on the east side of Groesbeck just south of 696. Don't use a gas station or a place like Evergreen. He's charges half of what they do. I believe for a std grill tank he wants 7-8 bucks for a fill.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I know you already got the propane, but FYI -
Most Krogers carry propane this time of year, you drop off your empty tank and they give you a full one.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've never tried the propane exchange.... but for some reason I don't like the idea of it. I have a brand new tank.. I don't want to exchange it for somebody's greasy and grimy one. Isn't that what happens?

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Sorry for the slow response....busy at work.

I agree with you 100% Mike. If you've got a nice tank keep it! Also keep an eye out for tanks without the triangle valve top. It is agaisnt the law now to sell or fill a old style tank.

Talked to my friend and he said the price is now at $10 (std grill tank)...which is still way cheaper than a exchange or Evergreen fill. Due to higher propane cost on his end he was forced to raise the prices a bit. I was unaware of it cause he always hooks me up. I drop my tank off and he returns it to me full.

rfdeiter I'm not aware of any purge issuse when filling a tank there.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only time you have to purge a tank, is if it's brand new. Evergreen charges $3 more for that. Standard fill is $12.99.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Same with Meijers and the gas station on Hayes give them your old can and they will exchange it for a full one

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Apr 27 2004, 02:39 PM)I've never tried the propane exchange.... but for some reason I don't like the idea of it. I have a brand new tank.. I don't want to exchange it for somebody's greasy and grimy one. Isn't that what happens?
Ed went up to Lowe's last night and did the exchange thing (noticed that it is the same company that does it at Krogers). He took our 2 crappy empty rusted tanks and exchanged them for brand new full ones for $12.99 each. Great Deal!

We were talking about it wondering how these people make money and we figure either by mid summer they are giving back the nasty tanks or they actually clean and paint the tanks. Whatever they do, we have new tanks now!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts