Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, does anyone have a firm date in mind for pulling their boats?
I think 1st week in October for me...

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
As long as my marina stays open (I gotta rack slip at Anchor Bay), I'll be out weather permitting. Ever been boating while it's snowing? Kinda like snowmobiling! Used to do it back home, it's a real riot! Best part is, you're the only boat on the Lake and you get some strange looks from people on shore!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
oct 30 th last day .. for me , friends think iam nuts allways ask your going on boat? it cold out or it raining today . hard to find people that care to go out after weather starts getting little chilli at night . just put up top and turn on heat. and do a few more shots ...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Halloween @ 4:00p.m. - Wife asked for the very very very last spot. Hopefully won't have to pass out candy at the marina ....

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I always pull my boat the second weekend in Oct.
Only because I'm in Alpena that following week or two bird hunting.
I waited to pull my boat out at the end of Oct. after bird hunting one year and it sucked. Rain & snow mix, high winds, had a bi*ch of a time on the ramp.
Learned my lesson.

NoCode

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(damn yankee @ Sep 16 2003, 04:25 PM)As long as my marina stays open (I gotta rack slip at Anchor Bay),
Hey damn,

I have my boat at Anchor Bay as well. When do they stop putting them in the water? Do you have them winterize your boat?

Cotty

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Cotty,

I think the last day is Oct 15, but I'm not positive. Your contract will have the correct date.

I have them winterize, change the oil and relube the outdrive. If you're gonna have them do the work, make sure to stop by the Service Dept and have them fill out the work order while you are there. That will eliminate any confusion as to what you want them to work on. And make sure that you do it by Oct 1st.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(cotty @ Sep 17 2003, 10:40 AM)QUOTE(damn yankee @ Sep 16 2003, 04:25 PM) As long as my marina stays open (I gotta rack slip at Anchor Bay),
Hey damn,

I have my boat at Anchor Bay as well. When do they stop putting them in the water? Do you have them winterize your boat?

Cotty
They sent me a letter saying it must be winterized by Oct. 1!!!
I called Robin right away and she said by Oct. 15. Our boat is in the very back of the blue buildings on the water and they'll start putting boats in front of ours soon. This weekend when we come back in Rich will fog the motor and generator and add fuel stabilizer. We've got so much going on it will probally take us a couple of weeks to finish the job for the season.

Then I need to winterize the pool
Hate the end of summer...so much more work than the beginning of it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
probably pull mine the end of oct. beginning of nov. When it gets cold enough I have to worry about the block freezing. I'm surprized to see so many take their boats to somebody to winterize when it's so easy. Or maybe I'm a cheap a$$.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
QUOTEconquest Posted on Sep 22 2003, 05:04 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
probably pull mine the end of oct. beginning of nov. When it gets cold enough I have to worry about the block freezing.

Looks like you may have to start worrying sooner than you thought with this weather.
My boat is coming out this week.
. Hopefully with all the snow they say were going to get
over the winter. (who ever they are) The water levels will go back up closer to last years level.
after all you can't expect to much over one winter.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Our boat was pulled yesterday - I stopped by and looked at it last night on the way home. I'm glad it's successfully out of the water and shored up, but it's sad to see it like that again so soon - seems like I just uncovered it to get ready for the season!

Oh well, this sure ain't boating weather.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
We'll probably go for the last weekend in Oct. or the first in Nov. Already started on cleaning her out but just aint ready to pluck her from the water.

Sure would be nicer if we could figure out the heater/ac on board. Doesnt heat anything. Wife says the hot air it blows is only at current water temp. Doesnt make sense if the air temp is 40 and the water is 52. I mean who would want to heat their boat only 12 degree's warmer than the air?

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
QUOTE(PyrateJim @ Oct 2 2003, 01:48 PM)We'll probably go for the last weekend in Oct. or the first in Nov. Already started on cleaning her out but just aint ready to pluck her from the water.

Sure would be nicer if we could figure out the heater/ac on board. Doesnt heat anything. Wife says the hot air it blows is only at current water temp. Doesnt make sense if the air temp is 40 and the water is 52. I mean who would want to heat their boat only 12 degree's warmer than the air?
I thought that a boat heater, properly plumbed, uses the hot water discharge from your engine. You may want to check where your heater is pulling water from. I think it sould be from the discharge side after it has run through the engine block. If the air temp coming out is about the same temp as the water temp, then it sounds like your heater is pulling direct, unheated water from the lake.

Just my .02

As for myself, Iam all winterized and almost done for the season alltogether

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Jabberjawz, Thanks. I'll have to take a look when I go out next time. Thats one drawback from buying an older boat. You have no idea what the previous owners may have done to the factory set up.

Now, back to ttopic, just remeber, the later you haul out the earlier you get back in. Last one out is usually close to first one in. Makes for a longer season and shorter shore time.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts