Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all you dog lovers,
I have two 13 week old Golden Retrievers that I would like to boat with this weekend. Obviously their bladders can't take a 6 hour long boat ride, so, do you have any recommendations for any marinas, parks, etc .. on Lake St Clair where you stop to let your dogs get some relief? Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(DaveLA2 @ Jul 1 2003, 11:41 AM)Hi all you dog lovers,
I have two 13 week old Golden Retrievers that I would like to boat with this weekend. Obviously their bladders can't take a 6 hour long boat ride, so, do you have any recommendations for any marinas, parks, etc .. on Lake St Clair where you stop to let your dogs get some relief? Thanks
Dave
I have an 8-week old puppy that easily lasts 6 hours during the night.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
The only thing I did is when my dog was a puppy and I took him outside, I said go potty, go potty. So when I put him on my swimplatform and say go potty, that's when he does it. Then just was it into the lake will all the other pee.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Jul 1 2003, 11:47 AM)That is because we have had her since 41/2 weeks and have been able to train her since then.
That has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We'll be coming up the Det. River into the lake, probably stay towards shore near Grosse Point/Saint Clair Shores, maybe up to Metro Beach (which apparantly does not allow dogs?) Not sure if we'll go to Gull Island, might be too much commotion for the little guys. the pups have no problem going 7 hours at night, but when they're bounced around on the boat, those lil bladders will burst.

Attachments

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(DaveLA2 @ Jul 1 2003, 12:14 PM)the pups have no problem going 7 hours at night, but when they're bounced around on the boat, those lil bladders will burst.
True.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
If you can't find a park to let them relieve themselves (this may sound gross) but you can buy those "wee-wee pads" from the pet store and let them go on those. They are plastic lined like a diaper so they won't mess everything up. I don't know what kind of boat that you have and if it would work, but that is the only thing I can think of.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(MrsP-29fun police @ Jul 1 2003, 01:10 PM)...you can buy those "wee-wee pads" from the pet store and let them go on those...

LMFAO!!! I'm sorry, but say it out loud!!! WEE WEE PADS!!!!!
That is cracking my a$$ up!!!!

Wee Wee Pads!

Oh man, that is funny!!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Campari @ Jul 1 2003, 01:21 PM)QUOTE(MrsP-29fun police @ Jul 1 2003, 01:10 PM) ...you can buy those "wee-wee pads" from the pet store and let them go on those...

Wee Wee Pads!

Oh man, that is funny!!!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
QUOTE(Campari @ Jul 1 2003, 12:21 PM)QUOTE(MrsP-29fun police @ Jul 1 2003, 01:10 PM) ...you can buy those "wee-wee pads" from the pet store and let them go on those...

Wee Wee Pads!

Oh man, that is funny!!!

I know it sounds funny.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(KoreanDeli @ Jul 1 2003, 01:34 PM)DINNER SERVED!!!
Well, at least I don't have to worry about anyone thinking I'm Korean Deli.
What the hell happened to that photo??

·
Registered
184 Posts
Or, you can drop them off at my house and I'll puppy-sit....

Seriously can't think of much along there besides private residences.

"so many dogs. so little time...."

G

·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 1 2003, 12:37 PM)QUOTE(KoreanDeli @ Jul 1 2003, 01:34 PM) DINNER SERVED!!!
maybe this dish interest you more - snowfrake

Attachments

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(KoreanDeli @ Jul 1 2003, 01:53 PM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jul 1 2003, 12:37 PM) QUOTE(KoreanDeli @ Jul 1 2003, 01:34 PM) DINNER SERVED!!!
maybe this dish interest you more - snowfrake
What the hell software you using??

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Oh man, this thread has gone to the dogs.

Again!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts