Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't believe it's taking this long to get a job. Only opportunities have been in Beirut, Lebanon and another in Duesseldorf, Germany. Kind of defeats the purpose of why I came back to the states in the first place.

Anyway, does anyone work with some automotive companies who would be willing to pass on my resume? It's a good one and as I said can't believe I haven't had much play yet.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I FEEL YOUR PAIN, BUDDY
ITS BEEN 2 MONTHS AND NOTHIN FOR ME EITHER. THIS SUCKS. HANG IN THERE, SOMETHINGS GOT TO TURN UP.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
There have been a couple purchasing jobs at Fanuc Robotics.

Let me know if you want details, or I can personally email the resume to the HR person. She said she gets around 100 resumes a day (or was it week?) and that when they come from a current employee they go into a higher exposure pile.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Traveler,

I work for GM Powertrain. I am willing to help. However, you will need to give me some information about yourself before I can review your resume. The purchasing people at GM have been having some trouble...and in need of some real team members.

Why don't you shoot me a resume and I'll take a look at it. Along with a short bio.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Cap 'n Christina @ Jul 24 2004, 07:31 PM)Traveler,

I work for GM Powertrain. I am willing to help. However, you will need to give me some information about yourself before I can review your resume. The purchasing people at GM have been having some trouble...and in need of some real team members.

Why don't you shoot me a resume and I'll take a look at it. Along with a short bio.
Will do!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I just sent you a PM...

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ttt and thanks to all who have responded so far! Keep it coming so I don't have to go to Beirut!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Just sent you a PM....send it on over and I will submit it to the HR deparment but keep in mind it's in Walled Lake, MI but at least it's closer than Beirut.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ttt- still looking for additional help. Thanks to all who have responded so far!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Good luck with your job hunting traveler, I hope you find something soon!

I too am looking for a purchasing position, but it in Canada.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Once you get the bio/resume why don't you shoot it to me as well. I've got contact at DCX, GM, FEV, TRW, ASC, etc, etc. that I can pass it on to. Plus I only charge a small comission

I assume you've been watching monster.com?

Come to think of it my ex's stepdad is a senior buyer for DCX. He might be able to help.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
consider it forwarded. Much appreciated!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts