Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO EVERYBODY, I AM GOING TO PUT IN BAY FOR MY FIRST TIME THE WEEKEND OF AUG 20TH, NEED SOME HELP WITH WHERE TO DOCK, DOES ANYBODY HAVE A FAVORITE MARINA OVER THERE.

THANK YOU.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Inside of A dock
Either side of B dock
Inside of C Dock as long as your past the blue part of the dock.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
hey mr. fountain guy.. we're heading down there that weekend too... keep in touch before then and we'll let you know what dock we end up at.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(cotty @ Aug 12 2004, 09:44 AM)Inside of A dock
Either side of B dock
Inside of C Dock as long as your past the blue part of the dock.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!
Cotty's got it right, just make sure you are as far inside as possible. It you get a NE wind, there are some HUGE rollers that rock the bay! Also, be sure to tie off someone you know, so get in touch w/people going. Have fun!!

P.S.: We'll be down there w/Zman, Mooseknuckle & others the following weekend!

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Hi put in bay virgin.
You can stay on your boat, or the island
If you stay over on the otherside the hotels are much nicer and cheaper but you have to take the farry or boat back

Ot you can stay right on the island and pay double the price for rooms which are not as nice or clean. They smell like mold and mildew and are just all in all not as good.

Good luck and have fun.

p.s. If you wake up outside in a strange place like someones lawn or picknic bench you did the right thing...

Lost your virginity like the rest of us.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
QUOTE(DawnieDawn @ Aug 12 2004, 08:56 AM)Where ever the chocolate martini shots are flowing!

Never had a cholocate martini shot before

Yep, Looks like we'll be heading down there with some crew that weekend also. Hmmmm better check my Inventory of Vodka...I have not turned in my Kanban cards for a week!!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
QUOTE(MooseKnuckle @ Aug 12 2004, 11:09 AM)Yep, Looks like we'll be heading down there with some crew that weekend also. Hmmmm better check my Inventory of Vodka...I have not turned in my Kanban cards for a week!!
Are will still going down September 17-19?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE(Melly Jo @ Aug 12 2004, 01:28 PM)QUOTE(MooseKnuckle @ Aug 12 2004, 11:09 AM)
Yep, Looks like we'll be heading down there with some crew that weekend also. Hmmmm better check my Inventory of Vodka...I have not turned in my Kanban cards for a week!!
Yeah the guys are going down but the ladies are staying home.
just kidding I don't know what the plan is for that weekend.

·
Registered
397 Posts
QUOTE(Melly Jo @ Aug 12 2004, 11:28 AM)QUOTE(MooseKnuckle @ Aug 12 2004, 11:09 AM)
Yes we are, Mel! We just need to get a sitter lined up.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
QUOTE(Mrs. Knuckle @ Aug 12 2004, 11:57 AM)QUOTE(Melly Jo @ Aug 12 2004, 11:28 AM)QUOTE(MooseKnuckle @ Aug 12 2004, 11:09 AM)
Yes we are, Mel! We just need to get a sitter lined up.

I can take care of myself

Unless Erie is blowing 12-15' that day, we are going!

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
PIB Warrning!!!!

Do Not Smoke POT in your room.
Security guards smell it and call the cops....BUSTED!

They have dope sniffing dogs that go on every boat.
(One stationed at the dock entrance).....if you think you are going to walk off with it in your pocket.

Weird thing......Pot you pay a fine and get to walk away.
Drug paraphernalia (Dirty pipe or papers) requires a return trip and a talking to by the judge

Yes my brothers are lawers and have defended in PIB.
The Judge is the Mayor of the island and all hearings are on a Monday or Friday......

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(MooseKnuckle @ Aug 12 2004, 01:55 PM)Unless Erie is blowing 12-15' that day, we are going!
WIMP!!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
If you don't mind rafting with others at the public dock, or putting up with all the shenanigans there, go for it.

I highly recommend you go to the Crews Nest. Very nice dockage and a pool for those hot days (it could happen). Here's their website:

http://www.thecrewsnest.com/

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
b dock all the way, i will be there 8-20 till 8-22ish... never sure when to leave

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Personally, we like docking at Fox's Dock. Jim is great and the golf cart rentals are right there. There is no rafting so you dont have to worry about who who are rafted up with (unless you go with a group of people) and for a first timer, might be a bit better to "get your feet wet". Check out the city docks and make the decision for your second trip.

We travel there with two young'ens (8 and 5 years) so the city docks and the all night parties and strangers walking across your boat is pretty much out of the question for us.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
if you get on the little finger dock on b dock no one will be climbing across your boat... you are still rafted but you get off the back of your own boat to the dock

1 - 20 of 25 Posts