Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides Milord, is anyone else going to PIB for New Years Eve this weekend? We will probably leave Saturday Morning.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Scott (yellow 32 baja- FAT BUOY) is going
as is Ryan (36 baja outlaw) he has a 29 scarab at x-mas in july

I am stuck working

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Milord @ Sep 9 2003, 01:03 PM)Ahh, the guys that were in front of us right?
yes

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Put-In-Bay, Ohio

Saturday
Partly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms late. Highs near 80.

Sunday
Partly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows near 60 and highs in the mid 70s.

Warm enough, although lake Erie will probably be kicking.

Marine Forecast

Saturday
Northwest winds 10 to 20 knots. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 3 to 5 feet.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
A friend and I want to go but I called everywhere. Can't get a well.
I'm not a big fan of rafting off the wall.
Going to wait til noon Friday and see if any marinas had any cancels.

NoCode.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I've never went with a spot before. I just raft on the public docks. I always go down with a few boats so we get together and all is good!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
This quote however doesn't look quite so appealing!

SATURDAY...SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHWEST LATE
SATURDAY NIGHT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES
BUILDING TO 5 TO 8 FEET.
.SUNDAY...NORTHWEST WINDS DIMINISHING TO 5 TO 15 KNOTS. WAVES
SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5 FEET

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'd love to go , but until we buy a bigger faster boat it's out of the question. A 23' boat cruising at 40 would probably look like the perfect storm.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Milord @ Sep 9 2003, 03:38 PM)This quote however doesn't look quite so appealing!

SATURDAY...SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHWEST LATE
SATURDAY NIGHT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES
BUILDING TO 5 TO 8 FEET.
.SUNDAY...NORTHWEST WINDS DIMINISHING TO 5 TO 15 KNOTS. WAVES
SUBSIDING TO 3 TO 5 FEET

Milord,

The wave forecast seems ok
It's only 27 miles from Leamington for you and 30 miles to the Detroit River for me.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hey Milord, are we going to head up Friday night after work or Saturday morning? I was think Friday would be our best bet, then we can enjoy all of Saturday!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Incase anyone is interested the Grand Islander has rooms for 235.00 a night kind of steep but hey get a couple people and split it besides you can`t put a price on a good time and New Years in the bay is a good time!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
How long does it take to get there? We just got our new boat this year and were talking about going next summer for Christmas in July

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
QUOTE(Lola @ Sep 9 2003, 06:44 PM)How long does it take to get there? We just got our new boat this year and were talking about going next summer for Christmas in July
It`s aprox.70 miles depends where your at so figure it out.It takes me about 3/12 to 4 hours at around 19 to 20 mphs

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(Lola @ Sep 9 2003, 05:44 PM)How long does it take to get there? We just got our new boat this year and were talking about going next summer for Christmas in July
It's about 90 miles from Sassy Marina on N. Channel. Takes us usually 2 hours dock to dock. Might go slower this time and enjoy some cocktails on the way (Especially if Mel and Milord start drinking early on Saturday)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts