Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what month you sailors put in?

And what size boat you have. I'm sure, like powerboaters, the bigger your vessel, the sooner you are able to put in. Right?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I generally put in around the first week in May. But I've put in as early as mid-april before. Not sure that size really has much to do with it (I've got a 30 footer to answer your question), its really just a matter of having the weather break.

Starsailor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you the only sailor on this site? Ha Ha.

I just have a 27' go-fast. I try to put in by the second week of May.

I know a couple cruiser owners (anywhere from 30-40')that can put in as early as april 1. Most of them have heaters on board. And have toppers to take cover. That wind is a bit nipply for me, in April.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I put in middle of April with my 27ft boat and pull out at the end of October. However on my smaller boat I used to have and windsurfing I have a drysuit so I'll do that until the water is frozen and as start as soon as it melts. I think February is the only month I haven't sailed yet. The small boat is much easier to handle the cold in just because it is much more physical to sail and you dont' spend so much time sitting around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts