Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where to get the large PVC plastic plumbing tubes that many people use to cover their dock pilings?

they have 'em at Home Depot but they are not large enough diameter (only 4 inches) and I need an opening of 5 1/2 inches.

Anyone?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Goose @ May 6 2004, 09:38 AM)I need an opening of 5 1/2 inches.

Anyone?

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I was gonna suggest Grainger.com theres one in troy and in Farmington Hills but didnt see anything that big on their website. Some kinda industrial supply place or plumbing specific store ought to carry it.

or maybe try some of that black plastic outdoors drain tube stuff. You know the schtuff with the ribbs on it that people put on the end of there gutters or in there gardens and such. shouldn't mark a boat with a rubrail.

so... yeah fat lotta help I was huh.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Goose @ May 6 2004, 09:38 AM)does anyone know where to get the large PVC plastic plumbing tubes that many people use to cover their dock pilings?
?
I could use a pair myself. My neighbor just had some installed from his seawall company. They had to pound them on with a backhoe!!! I'll check with him.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Warren Pipe and Supply. Hoover and like 10 mile. They have anything you need. They also have the caps for the PVC.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Jason R @ May 6 2004, 10:27 AM)Warren Pipe and Supply. Hoover and like 10 mile. They have anything you need. They also have the caps for the PVC.
I forgot about that place. I believe its on Stephens (9 1/2 mile) and Hoover.

If you want to order online, this is probably your best bet for anything plastic:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.a...t%5Fid=PVC+Pipe

·
12,052 Posts
I was going to say warren pipe. there is another one at 15 and Kelly.

Make sure you get them long enough, they will sink into the muck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts