Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here's the story.. Maybe you can give me your opinion...?
Some years back a guy that I know ordered a new boat. When he got the boat he had a name put on the boats transom. He had the boat for a few years with a name on it, decided to get a bigger boat and sold it to a couple. Well, the guy who bought the boat, his wife told him that he's not going to have a boat with that type of a name on it and had him remove the name.
So, now we have the same boat with no name on it... Well, they kept the boat for a couple of years and never named the boat and sold the boat to another couple. Well, the new owner of the boat and his wife wanted a name for their boat. They never knew that the boat use to have a name. So, one day the new owner of the boat was driving down the street and seen a truck with a name on the truck. It was called "The Perfect Fit Drapery Company" He tought the name was cool and named the boat "The Perfect Fit". Well, 3 years ago they sold the boat to me. You see, I work with the guy who was the original owner of the boat and I was looking for a boat something like the one that he owned. When I seen an ad in the paper and went to look at the boat it was the same boat that my buddy use to own but it just had a different name on it.
Now, here's the deal.. My co-workers use to boat with the original owner of the boat when it had a different name and now they are trying to tell me that even though it is now named "The Perfect Fit", I knew the boat when it was name something else and I should somewhere put the old name on the boat or change the name back to what it was. I told them that their all full of crap in a kidding way...
What do you think????

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Um, ... what was the original name?

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Apr 20 2004, 06:43 AM)Um, ... what was the original name?
Well, you'll have to ask the original owner (Dailey-Interest) what the original name of the boat was. I don't know if he sensitive about what the name was??? haha

G

·
I read somewhere that in a renaming ceremony, you must remove every trace of the previous name from the boat, otherwise your water pump impeller will dry rot and crack.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Tell them if they want to name it they should buy it.

Sounds like they have too much time on their hands. Boats get renamed all the time, contrary to popular belief. Alot of owners insist that their boat be renamed when they sell it because they want to keep the name for their next boat.

Choose a name that seems rights to you and tell your pals to go to hell (in a friendly way, of course).

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Apr 20 2004, 07:08 AM)I read somewhere that in a renaming ceremony, you must remove every trace of the previous name from the boat, otherwise your water pump impeller will dry rot and crack.
Oh Bill, how funny,,, hahaha Dry rot and crack. hahaha
Now I know who's side your on. hahaha

You've been hanging around with Dailey-Interest for too long....

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Well, how can you put the old name on it if you don't even know what it was?

C'mon D.I., spill it!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(daileyinterest @ Apr 20 2004, 09:05 AM)"LADY'S CHOICE"
Yeah, I'm sure PF's wife would LOVE that name on their boat.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Apr 20 2004, 08:07 AM)QUOTE(daileyinterest @ Apr 20 2004, 09:05 AM) "LADY'S CHOICE"
Yeah, I'm sure PF's wife would LOVE that name on their boat.

Yeah, can you imagine.....
Ladies Choice", The Perfect Fit"

·
12,052 Posts
What do you care what its named? You never use it anyways.

Dry rot.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(hammer @ Apr 20 2004, 08:23 AM)What do you care what its named? You never use it anyways.

Dry rot.

I use it.... I use it....

I do have an aluminum canoe hanging in the garage for the past 20 years which my buddies say is the only aluminum canoe with dry rot..

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Who ever put up the cash to title it has the God given right to call it anything he/she wants to......I myself have the perfect name that I have been saving for when I can afford a new boat of larger stature......

G

·
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Apr 20 2004, 08:23 AM)QUOTE(Bill272 @ Apr 20 2004, 07:08 AM) I read somewhere that in a renaming ceremony, you must remove every trace of the previous name from the boat, otherwise your water pump impeller will dry rot and crack.
Oh Bill, how funny,,, hahaha Dry rot and crack. hahaha
Now I know who's side your on. hahaha

You've been hanging around with Dailey-Interest for too long....
Yeah, he's kind of a bad influence...

One other bit of advice - Don't get any cognac on the side of your boat. If that happens, you'll wish it was only your impeller that went bad. It can also make your fenders disappear.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Apr 20 2004, 10:17 AM)Yeah, he's kind of a bad influence...

One other bit of advice - Don't get any cognac on the side of your boat. If that happens, you'll wish it was only your impeller that went bad. It can also make your fenders disappear.

Yeah I listened to someone whine about those fenders....

And, I'm "NOT" changing the name of the boat...
The boats going to remain "The Perfect Fit"
However, some want it to be called Dry Rot I think???...

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
ladies choice... lol. i got a picture in my head of jon lovitz doing singing 'ladies night' in the wedding singer movie.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts