Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I saw a post about these but I cannot find it. Yes I tried the search but still can't find it lol. My question is how does hard water effect these? dont know if its hard water but I do get mineral buildup and have to soak my showerhead in clr every couple of months. will it buildup and cause me problems? Should I stick with a hot water tank? I know many of you already have these and thought somebody would know. thanks for any input.

·
12,052 Posts
They make a valve kit that goes between the water pipes and the heater. You can shut off the incoming water and out going water. open two other valves and 'flush' the heater out. Usually just vinegar and water.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Do a search for "tankless"...
Call Hartsig plumbing supply in Auburn Hills. They are on Avon just east of Squirrel. I talked to this guy and got a great education. I had the Rinnai 75 installed and love it. I've got city water, so mineral buildup wasn't a concern. I did have the flush unit installed, too. I get to do that every two years with vinegar & water (like a coffee pot).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.