Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you tell me the references in the Indiana Jones movies to the Star Wars movies. I know in the Temple of Doom the club the bad guys come out of is Club Obi Wan, but I can't remember the references in Raiders of the Lost Ark and Last Crusade.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(edeenorog @ Aug 14 2004, 06:05 PM)Can you tell me the references in the Indiana Jones movies to the Star Wars movies. I know in the Temple of Doom the club the bad guys come out of is Club Obi Wan, but I can't remember the references in Raiders of the Lost Ark and Last Crusade.

I'll have to get back to you on that. Its news to me.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In all of George Lucas' films there is some type of reference to something in one of his Star Wars films and/or THX. I know in one of his movies (not necessarily the Indiana Jones series) the reference is on the license plate.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(edeenorog @ Aug 14 2004, 06:11 PM)In all of George Lucas' films there is some type of reference to something in one of his Star Wars films and/or THX. I know in one of his movies (not necessarily the Indiana Jones series) the reference is on the license plate.
Yeah the THX 1138 (his first movie) has been referred to or hidden in all or most of the Star Wars movies somehow (and on the license plate in American Graffiti).

I guess I need to watch my Indiana Jones DVDs.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I found this online:

The registration for Jock's plane in Raiders is OB-CPO.

There is a heiroglyph carved in the wall of R2 & 3PO in Raiders. I believe this is actually in the Well of Souls.

The nightclub in Temple of Doom where Indy delivers the Nurhachi urn to Lao Che is called "Club Obi Wan."

As for crossover actors:

William Hootkins: "Government Agent" in Raiders & "Porkins" in Star Wars.

Michael Sheard: "U-Boat Captain" in Raiders, "Hitler" in Last Crusade & "Admiral Ozzel" in ESB.

Julian Glover: "Donovan" in Last Crusade & "General Veers" in ESB.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I knew it was something along those lines. In the Phantom I love the pod race were you see alot of characters from his other movies (like Willow).

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(edeenorog @ Aug 14 2004, 06:32 PM)I knew it was something along those lines. In the Phantom I love the pod race were you see alot of characters from his other movies (like Willow).
Yeah, that was Warrick Davis, but he wasn't supposed to be Willow. I forget the character's name.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, but I still want to know what it is in the Last Crusade. I have the dvds so I guess I'm going to have to watch it again and see if I can't find out.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(edeenorog @ Aug 14 2004, 06:47 PM)Thanks, but I still want to know what it is in the Last Crusade. I have the dvds so I guess I'm going to have to watch it again and see if I can't find out.

I knew of the hieroglyphic 3PO and R2, never heard of the rest. Other than the fact that there are a few actors in Last Crusade that were also in SW movies, I have no idea.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
uh-oh geek check...

somewhere in the deathstar/prison break sceen (i think) in star wars one of the imperials asks "thx1138 why are you not at your post". yeah I love when my brain gets filled with useless info.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Aug 14 2004, 06:29 PM)I found this online:

The registration for Jock's plane in Raiders is OB-CPO.

There is a heiroglyph carved in the wall of R2 & 3PO in Raiders. I believe this is actually in the Well of Souls.

The nightclub in Temple of Doom where Indy delivers the Nurhachi urn to Lao Che is called "Club Obi Wan."

As for crossover actors:

William Hootkins: "Government Agent" in Raiders & "Porkins" in Star Wars.

Michael Sheard: "U-Boat Captain" in Raiders, "Hitler" in Last Crusade & "Admiral Ozzel" in ESB.

Julian Glover: "Donovan" in Last Crusade & "General Veers" in ESB.

oh yeah I think they missed someone in that list...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts