Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, for all you lucky moms and moms to be, how long did it take you to conceive, and did you have to use anything to help ya? I am having a hell of a time with this. You try so hard and use protection not to get pregnant, then when you are ready and willing.......nothing!
Very Frustrating!
Just started the temperature charting and have been using the fertility monitor.
What about you?

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
There is an ovulation chart thing on babycenter.com you can try. Manana II told me about it. It's a good website for information too!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I hear alot of people trying and trying.... I think they put too much pressure on

themselves. I understand the joy and the excitment of possibly becoming a parent

for the first time but the undo strees can`t be helping...

A friend from work had a similar situation and after finally giving up that`s when it

happened... I know it sounds cliche but try to relax and let it happen

on it`s own.

The smart a$$ in me says if all else fails put more men on the job...

But seriously I wish you the best of luck...Being a parent truely is the greastest reward..

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Oct 31 2003, 10:52 AM)fit chick.. have you heard this before??.. i just read that sometimes women who excercise often may have more difficulties
that is true. I have been trying for 8 months or so.
I went to my doctor and she said that I should cut back on exercise to gain bodyfat, It was at 13% when I went to see her which was about 2 months ago

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Oct 31 2003, 10:48 AM)There is an ovulation chart thing on babycenter.com you can try. Manana II told me about it. It's a good website for information too!
Manana II, are you keeping track of these things for a reason.....

If your having trouble perhaps I should volunteer my skills, nudge nudge wink wink, my boys are strong swimmers.

Sorry, our second kid took 3 months, we bought one of those ovulation kits, and it told us when the right time to you, know to aaaaa hmmm send in the troops. She had one really, terribly painful period during the 3 months, but we eventually made this one.

Anywhooo, good luck, dont worry it will happen and when it does youll move on to the next million things to worry and wonder about?

Sorry Im not a woman so Ill leave this thread alone.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
have you tried kinky upside down sex?.. and then remained in that position for a while afterward??, you know.. going with gravity instead of against??...
I'm just kidding sweetie... I completely understand how the frustrations must be...and very much feel for you.

I do agree.. try not to much too much pressure on the act itself, and just enjoy every minute of it, keeping it fun. Start plotting your temp and keep talking to the doctor.. it'll happen, give it a few more months... and know that the worst case situation is that there are medicines and other avenues to follow to bring a little fitchick/goose baby into this world..

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
QUOTE(fit chick @ Oct 31 2003, 11:04 AM)She is a doll

Thank you.

She wasnt so innocent looking last night.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
tab "A" into slot "B" right?
just kidding.

Some people I know had two mis-carry's and there doctor said some thing about her "bodyclock" being a week off. So they put her on some kinda drugs for it...and wham bam thank you mam! she's knocked up and going good.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
QUOTE(CBJ @ Oct 31 2003, 11:01 AM)QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Oct 31 2003, 10:48 AM) There is an ovulation chart thing on babycenter.com you can try. Manana II told me about it. It's a good website for information too!
Manana II, are you keeping track of these things for a reason.....

If your having trouble perhaps I should volunteer my skills, nudge nudge wink wink, my boys are strong swimmers.

Sorry, our second kid took 3 months, we bought one of those ovulation kits, and it told us when the right time to you, know to aaaaa hmmm send in the troops. She had one really, terribly painful period during the 3 months, but we eventually made this one.

Anywhooo, good luck, dont worry it will happen and when it does youll move on to the next million things to worry and wonder about?

Sorry Im not a woman so Ill leave this thread alone.

no, just for future reference... i do not want to go thru my life childless... i know it takes forever for some people to conceive (MS and i have had this conversation).. so all the information you can come across that may be helpful is a good thing

Goodluck Fitchick!!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Bill just had to look at me. Both times.

Seriously, it helps if the woman has regular cycles and if the man wears boxers.

I'm a firm believer in relaxing when you're trying. I know people who've gotten pregnant while on vacation or out on their boats. If cocktails relax you, try that. A friend of mine had two IVF sessions. For the first one, they were nervous and did everything clinically. It didn't take. The second one, they asked the dr. if they could have music playing and soft lighting. She went home after and had a glass of wine. She's due in May 2004.

Good luck!

·
Registered
245 Posts
For us the first time happened the first month. Almost disappointing because we were just getting ready. We had a heck of a time getting pregnant the 2nd and 3rd time. You'd think the pressure was off because we already had a baby but not the case. I think stress has a lot to do with it. When the stress died down I got pregnant the 2nd time after 2 years of trying. And after a wild, wonderful, relaxing trip to Mexico, where, yes, the tequila was-a-flowing along with a little clomid, we wound up pregnant a third time. That one took 2 1/2 years. Due in 2 weeks though. Big as a whale and thrilled. Let it happen. It will.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Well without giving TMI I was on the pill for ohhhhhhh lets just say a long time playing it safe went off it and boom 3-6 months, timing I guess. It's nice to know that even tho I'm inchin my way in my 30's that I'm pretty fertile still which I guess is a good thing....
<_<

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Ladies for all your encouraging comments. I guess when the time is right it will happen. Its the whole idea of I am ready now so why isnt is happening...
I came to the conclusion that its in Gods hands...
So God ," I'm ready when ever you are"

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Not going to answer your question cause you already know.

IT WILL HAPPEN. Just relax sweetie and let life take you where it will. When you least expect it, there it will be.

Oh...and it helps if you throw on some leather pants!!!

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
QUOTE(bikinigirl @ Oct 31 2003, 05:13 PM)Not going to answer your question cause you already know.

IT WILL HAPPEN. Just relax sweetie and let life take you where it will. When you least expect it, there it will be.

Oh...and it helps if you throw on some leather pants!!!

thigh highs and garter works pretty well for me too

·
Registered
699 Posts
I was on the pill for about 11 years. Chris told me in Nov. 01 that he was ready so we decided I would try in the new year. I went off the pill right away, starting taking folic acid and took my temp. every am. We got pregnant right away in Jan. 02. It was a little faster than I was ready for, it changes your life in ways you don't realize. Try to stay positive and relax it will happend for you. I guess a prayers could always help too!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts