Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all -

Did a ton of reading on the SeaRay forums yesterday regarding this...but has anyone ever dealt with the rubberized backing coming off their carpets? Brought the carpet home for some good cleaning and I have black pellets all over the deck of the boat. Seems its a common issue, but our boat is only 4 years old...hate to think that was normal.
Just wanted to see, other than new carpets, if there is a solution... Thoughts? Canvas man!!??

Thanks - B00ST

·
Registered
148 Posts
QUOTE(B00ST @ Jun 23 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey all -

Did a ton of reading on the SeaRay forums yesterday regarding this...but has anyone ever dealt with the rubberized backing coming off their carpets? Brought the carpet home for some good cleaning and I have black pellets all over the deck of the boat. Seems its a common issue, but our boat is only 4 years old...hate to think that was normal.
Just wanted to see, other than new carpets, if there is a solution... Thoughts? Canvas man!!??

Thanks - B00ST

Join the club. My Sea Ray is only 7 years old and the backing is mostly off. Not much you can do other than replace. The newer placement is of MUCH better quality. I have been using mine with the backing falling off. I figured this winter I will replace. The place on N. River is pretty good as well as snapincarpet.com.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts