Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright these guys that are practically in my backyard are setting up decoys and are working their calls for geese off of the jetti near my house. Question is that is this legal. the guys are on land, not in a boat. i know that goose season is open, but not sure if this is okay?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
QUOTE(soule @ Sep 1 2009, 06:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>alright these guys that are practically in my backyard are setting up decoys and are working their calls for geese off of the jetti near my house. Question is that is this legal. the guys are on land, not in a boat. i know that goose season is open, but not sure if this is okay?

I would assume that they are alright but it is hard to tell without knowing exactly how far out they are. I believe the rule is that you have to be 500 feet from any residence... Some one else should be able to answer for sure but as long as they are a safe distance from any residence they should be legal.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are the worst callers i've ever heard lmfao. boats are driving by and everything. i havent seen one goose come flying over. no shots.....yet. dont you have to be in the water or in a boat if hunting over water?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
According to Google Earth it is 470 feet from your house. Oh your house shows up nice at bing.com/maps in birds eye view.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The rule is 450 feet - and unless they own the property they are hunting from, I do believe they need to be IN THE WATER to shoot (like it's legal to shoot from a few feet from shore off Metro Beach, but not from on land) - I think pretty much anywhere in the lake is legal hunting area, but not the hard ground.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
450 feet is the rule, unless you have permission from the land owner, then you can be closer. I am not sure about the being in water to shoot rule. That may be a local ordenance for your city, but isn't a state law. People hunt off the shore at Metropolitan Park, Harsens Island, 25 mile road, and Wetzel all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.