Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a Keurig Mini Personal Brewer (Black) with K-Cups that makes 1 cup of 8oz coffer per k-cup for a Christmas gift...
I was wondering if anyone here has this coffee maker and is it expensive to purchase the k-cups of coffer to use with the maker?
Thanks

http://www.keurig.com/minibrewerBlack.asp#ReviewHeader

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
We have the larger model, and I don't drink coffee much anymore but my wife LOVES it. I think the cups usually run $8-9 for an 18 pack or $13.95 for a 24 pack, sometimes cheaper if you find a special. Also if you get tired of buying the cups you can get a reusable filter cup that you just pour your own coffee into.

Zero cleanup compared to the Grind N' Brew we had previously.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
I have a freind that has one and they love it. When my wife goes over they have a carousel with a variety to choose from. In my opinion they are expensive and we are Maxwel House big pot drinkers.

You can however make your own k-cups from any pod out there. You can also make your own pods to use in the cup.

Perfect Pod Holster

Perfect Pod Maker

Matt

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
I took a class at a place that had one. It looked cool. Watched folks use it. Most seemed to like the coffee it made. I've seen the coffee for it at Bed Bath Beyond. I imagine it can be found online too.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
QUOTE(Chriznat @ Dec 8 2009, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>To hell with that thing.

Bought Brian a Cuisinart "grind n' brew" coffee pot for his birthday. Set it and forget it!!

But Yolanda only drinks one cup at a time.....

Meaning she only brews one cup at a time...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
We had the grind n' brew and it was great when we both drank coffee. Once I quit drinking coffee (acid reflux) and it was just my wife making 1 cup per day it wasnt worth the cleanup every day.

If you drink a single cup the Keurig is great, if you drink a pot a day it is not.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.