Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to buy a 1990 39 sea ray express, does anyone have any pros or cons on this vessel. My background in boating is 272 formula and a 31 fountain cc. Mainly looking for negatives and what to look for. I will be getting a survey. Looking also for recommendations. Tom

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
We've been cleaning boats for 30 years, mostly Sea Rays. I can't give advice on what to look for but the 390 is an awesome layout later replaced with the 400 Express but the 390 always seemed like a larger cabin especially with the side stateroom and the folding top bunk, gives you a whole extra seating area for company.

Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've been cleaning boats for 30 years, mostly Sea Rays. I can't give advice on what to look for but the 390 is an awesome layout later replaced with the 400 Express but the 390 always seemed like a larger cabin especially with the side stateroom and the folding top bunk, gives you a whole extra seating area for company.

Thank you TCG It will require a cleaning and also a survey. Ill be needing both are you still in business, if so how do we get in contact

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
That’s a 32 year old boat, so on the plus side if it had structural issues they would be very apparent. I may have worked on her, who knows? Best thing is to get a good pre-purchase survey. I would also suggest a good mechanical survey, which is normally not part of a pre-purchase survey, they are 2 separate reports.
Cheers,
Chili

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That’s a 32 year old boat, so on the plus side if it had structural issues they would be very apparent. I may have worked on her, who knows? Best thing is to get a good pre-purchase survey. I would also suggest a good mechanical survey, which is normally not part of a pre-purchase survey, they are 2 separate reports.
Cheers,
Chili
Got a name it would be appreciated .Tom

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts