Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Lowrance LMS 320 GPS/Fish Finder. I like it, but the background map lacks detail. I can upgrade using Map Create or Navionics. I'll use it mostly for fishing and local boating (southern Lake Huron and St. Clair River). I'd appreciate some feedback from people experienced with Map Create and/or Navionics. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Map Create will not give you the contour details, Navionics will. MapCreate does however have some nice features like Nav Aids and Points of Interest. You need to create a detail map and load it to an MMC card and the unit will show all the detail.

The navioncs charts are invaluable for contour detail and marina service information. It also includes the Nav Aids just as if you were looking at a NOAA map (NOAA is just one of the data sources for the seamless charts.

Good luck,

Mini

·
Registered
666 Posts
Map Create ends at the US/Canada boarder as well.

I use the Classic Navonics chip. This is the one that is geared towards the big water. The one for this area covers lake Erie, Det. River, Lake St. Clair, St. Clair R, and Lake Huron up through Saginaw Bay. It costs, but I think it is well worth the money.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think that I deleted the background data from my Lowrance LMS-160 map this weekend and am having trouble getting my unit to connect to my pc. is there anyplace that can reload the data for me (without losing all my waypoints)?
the shoreline and other channel markers are all gone.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not being sure what you have or have not done, we will start with the simple things. We will assume that you have turned your Navionics off and are using the World Map. To check do the following:
Menue
Setup
Details
Navionics on/off

make sure your navionics are set on

Good Luck
Bananna Boat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts