Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've been a lurker since '04:) I don't post much but stop by about every morning to see what's up - it would be nice
to have a few more folks checking in - Just curios, I know your a lake Erie fisherman from your previous post, what brought you to this forum and why are you interested in being a moderator? I think it's great, just wondering why you want to "make LSCN great again"? - Gilligan

·
Super Moderator
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fish st clair a few times a year. Was on the site until it got way out of line. I have belonged to a sister site called ohio game fishing. Been a mod there for years. I saw that some things changed on lscn and logged back. This site used to be a wealth of information for us guys that can't drive over to the lake in under a half hour. We have a st clair thread on ogf running for a few years
Water Sky Boat Blue Cloud

Water Sky Vertebrate Lake Outdoor recreation

·
Super Moderator
82 Posts
I've been a lurker since '04:) I don't post much but stop by about every morning to see what's up - it would be nice
to have a few more folks checking in - Just curios, I know your a lake Erie fisherman from your previous post, what brought you to this forum and why are you interested in being a moderator? I think it's great, just wondering why you want to "make LSCN great again"? - Gilligan
Gilligan...I know you were responding to saugtom but would like to respond as well If'n I may.
I too am a moderator on OGF, am from Ohio and fish LSC.
What brought me to this forum?
Short answer...because I care about LSC... LSC is such a great fishery and deserves a site of its own. And lastly...because when Admin. of this site posted a thread asking for volunteers for moderators, nobody stepped up to the plate. And again...LSC needs a good dedicated site.
Sooo...the least I could do to try and give a little back for the enjoyment I get from LSC is to moderate this site and help to once again make this an enjoyable place for good, decent people to come and enjoy themselves.

As you know...this used to be an active family oriented site that was full of great people that enjoyed coming here and talking with like minded people about all kinds of topics from fishing to hunting to boats...cooking/BBQ recipes...sports etc etc.

Then as time went on...as there always seems to be with any crowd... a certain few filtered in over time that seemed to come here just to create havoc on the site and start trouble.
Having been a moderator on OGF for a few years as well as a former moderator on another gun site...its been my experience that just like we go fishing/hunting in an attempt to get away from arguing and bickering...the core group of good members don't log onto a site to get harassed or argue with some moron either. Most like to come to an outdoors site and share their adventures with others...help others out when possible or just spend a little time with like minded people.
If'n those trouble makers are left unchecked...after awhile most of the good members start disappearing.

FWIW...hopefully for the most part the trouble maker situation has currently been addressed.

Now it's time to move forward and rebuild a site that the good people living around LSC and those that enjoy utilizing LSC truly deserve.

Lastly...as you also know a site is only as active as its members are.
Thanks for your threads and posts.
Hoping more members will start posting as well...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks Tom - I was just curios. Your right, this site used to be a wealth of information. I was a sailor back when I first joined and I mostly "lurked" in the Boathouse and fishing forums - things got weird and I stopped coming around. I visit another Michigan forum and it is quite active (I don't post much there either). I'll make sure to post any reports I have here. Where do you usually fish when your up this way? Obviously a bass fisherman, do you target and other species?

Have a great evening - and thanks again for your efforts!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gilligan...I know you were responding to saugtom but would like to respond as well If'n I may.
I too am a moderator on OGF, am from Ohio and fish LSC.
What brought me to this forum?
Short answer...because I care about LSC... LSC is such a great fishery and deserves a site of its own. And lastly...because when Admin. of this site posted a thread asking for volunteers for moderators, nobody stepped up to the plate. And again...LSC needs a good dedicated site.
Sooo...the least I could do to try and give a little back for the enjoyment I get from LSC is to moderate this site and help to once again make this an enjoyable place for good, decent people to come and enjoy themselves.

As you know...this used to be an active family oriented site that was full of great people that enjoyed coming here and talking with like minded people about all kinds of topics from fishing to hunting to boats...cooking/BBQ recipes...sports etc etc.

Then as time went on...as there always seems to be with any crowd... a certain few filtered in over time that seemed to come here just to create havoc on the site and start trouble.
Having been a moderator on OGF for a few years as well as a former moderator on another gun site...its been my experience that just like we go fishing/hunting in an attempt to get away from arguing and bickering...the core group of good members don't log onto a site to get harassed or argue with some moron either. Most like to come to an outdoors site and share their adventures with others...help others out when possible or just spend a little time with like minded people.
If'n those trouble makers are left unchecked...after awhile most of the good members start disappearing.

FWIW...hopefully for the most part the trouble maker situation has currently been addressed.

Now it's time to move forward and rebuild a site that the good people living around LSC and those that enjoy utilizing LSC truly deserve.

Lastly...as you also know a site is only as active as its members are.
Thanks for your threads and posts.
Hoping more members will start posting as well...
Thanks for your response fastwater - it would be great to see this site make a comeback. I have fished LSC since I was old enough to hold a rod - nothing very serious - dad used to take me out perch fishing but we never caught much (early 70's). I always had a rod on my sailboat and enjoyed the looks I would get when I would join the drift on the Detroit river. I'm doing more fishing now that i went to the "dark side" and got a power boat - it's great to have a place where fellas share some info as to where to look, bait being used and generally help out the "new" guys. I truly hope the LSCN gets active again - as I said to Tom - thanks for your efforts, they are appreciated - Gilligan

·
Super Moderator
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Tom - I was just curios. Your right, this site used to be a wealth of information. I was a sailor back when I first joined and I mostly "lurked" in the Boathouse and fishing forums - things got weird and I stopped coming around. I visit another Michigan forum and it is quite active (I don't post much there either). I'll make sure to post any reports I have here. Where do you usually fish when your up this way? Obviously a bass fisherman, do you target and other species?

Have a great evening - and thanks again for your efforts!
I am a multi species guy gills, perch walleye, bass, cats pike , muskie rock bass not so much:) sturgeon every now n then trout and salmon too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts