Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(Gate Basher @ Sep 14 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just saw that on the news. He made alot of good films, and thru his career, he brought many smiles to the faces of people who really needed it. He will long be remembered.

·
Registered
761 Posts
"You play pretty good for a blind White man"

Classic.

·
Registered
404 Posts
what a bummer. RIP

I still watch Dirty Dancing every chance I get. Hokey movie, but I like it.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
I will never forget the shockingly inappropriate things I said or the way I felt when I saw him in Dirty Dancing the first time

On a serious note..here's a guy, a celeb, who goes public with a devastating disease. This is so very valuable to the population as a whole. I applaud him and his family for it.

May his soul rest in eternal peace.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Don't get me wrong I liked his movies too but he was a jerk person. They shot an episode of "The Beast" next to a place I worked at in Chicago and he refused to see anyone. My friends 10 year old little brother came in from the suburbs to get his autograph for his mom (who is also dying of cancer) and he completly brushed the kid off despite the fact that the kid was the only one who wanted to meet him.

I know all about Chemo and how it affects your moods, but come on? 30 seconds would not have been the end of the world.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(Malauri @ Sep 16 2009, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't get me wrong I liked his movies too but he was a jerk person. They shot an episode of "The Beast" next to a place I worked at in Chicago and he refused to see anyone. My friends 10 year old little brother came in from the suburbs to get his autograph for his mom (who is also dying of cancer) and he completly brushed the kid off despite the fact that the kid was the only one who wanted to meet him.

I know all about Chemo and how it affects your moods, but come on? 30 seconds would not have been the end of the world.

So you're basing your opinion of him on this one act? You don't know the real reason why he didn't want to see anyone so I wouldn't judge so harshly.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Sep 17 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Malauri @ Sep 16 2009, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't get me wrong I liked his movies too but he was a jerk person. They shot an episode of "The Beast" next to a place I worked at in Chicago and he refused to see anyone. My friends 10 year old little brother came in from the suburbs to get his autograph for his mom (who is also dying of cancer) and he completly brushed the kid off despite the fact that the kid was the only one who wanted to meet him.

So you're basing your opinion of him on this one act? You don't know the real reason why he didn't want to see anyone so I wouldn't judge so harshly.

Soo Sassy - Loved the quote you referenced. And agree that you can not judge someone as a bad person based on one incident, I know I would not want anyone to judge me based on one of my "bad" days! Towards the end I am sure it took every ounce of his energy to make it through a day of work. To me any successful hollywood actor who was married to the same person for nearly 35 years, must be doing something right! He is tops in my book.

Newbie - I hear you on the Dirty Dancing thing. It stirred quite a reaction in many of us

1 - 19 of 19 Posts