Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pistol episode was on last night. Pretty good show, but he did have some problems handling the 44 Magnum, cracked himself in the head with the S&W .50, blasted water jugs full of gum balls with an Uzi(pray and spray style)
All in all pretty good entertainment, especially the slo-mo video of the .44 Magnum into the ballistic gelatin, way cool.
The show airs again on 09-04-09

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Great show!

Mail Call was good too.

Always remember the C-130 gun ship's unofficial motto: You can run, but you'll just die tired.

·
Registered
526 Posts
He is a riot and the show is great.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
I caught it last noght too. It was on after we got home from the Jeff Foxworthy concert. I liked how when they slowed down the camera, you could see how the muscles in his wrist acting like jello when he shot the S&W .500

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(Grapes @ Aug 22 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I caught it last noght too. It was on after we got home from the Jeff Foxworthy concert. I liked how when they slowed down the camera, you could see how the muscles in his wrist acting like jello when he shot the S&W .500

What muscles, he is 80!!!

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Aug 22 2009, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Grapes @ Aug 22 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I caught it last noght too. It was on after we got home from the Jeff Foxworthy concert. I liked how when they slowed down the camera, you could see how the muscles in his wrist acting like jello when he shot the S&W .500

but could still whip your butt.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
QUOTE(Grapes @ Aug 22 2009, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Aug 22 2009, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Grapes @ Aug 22 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I caught it last noght too. It was on after we got home from the Jeff Foxworthy concert. I liked how when they slowed down the camera, you could see how the muscles in his wrist acting like jello when he shot the S&W .500

but could still whip your butt.

Ooooook

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Grapes @ Aug 22 2009, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Aug 22 2009, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have shot one, not that dramatic

I'm with you, I'd expect that reaction from the .500, not the .44

But it's the most powerful handgun in the whole world, and capable of blowing a mans head clean off

That said when I picked up mine last week, knowing it had be some 25 years since I fired one and that was an 8 3/4" barrel I was expecting a LOT of recoil. Mad Dog refused to watch thinking I was going to whack myself in the head with it.
Meh, some recoil but truthfully not a whole lot more than the .357 with the 3" barrel, and certainaly not as much as he made it seem shooting one with a 6" barrel. Drama for the camera!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
You got to remember that not all rounds are loaded the same. I use to shoot mild target rounds out of my Super Redhawk with very little recoil. Go up to a hot hunting round and my wrists would be aching after 6-8 shots.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(Toothy Grin @ Aug 23 2009, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You got to remember that not all rounds are loaded the same. I use to shoot mild target rounds out of my Super Redhawk with very little recoil. Go up to a hot hunting round and my wrists would be aching after 6-8 shots.
Very true. The first 100 rounds I fired with mine have been the Magtech 240 grain loads, nice & spicy.
Here is the data on them:
http://www.magtechammunition.com/sitepages...;search=details

I might try firing some 44 Spl today just for comparison of recoil, and if I can find them maybe some 300 grain loads just for fun.

I did pick up some CorBon 165 grain JHP's for defense, but I haven't test fired any of them yet. The velocity is listed at 1321 fps, but I haven't found any data on KE yet, but I'm looking.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman is the best!

Like I've said before the big bore handguns really don't bother me much for some reason. I shoot a .44 and could honestly shoot hunting loads all day. I've shot full load .454's also and although the fire and muzzle jump are dramatic it's really not painful in any way. I also hunt with a .35Rem Contender which is a fun boomer. Now a light or standard weight 9mm or .357 on the other hand snaps the hell out of my hand and feels like someone is whacking my palm with a switch.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(islander @ Aug 23 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Gunnery Sergeant Hartman is the best!

Like I've said before the big bore handguns really don't bother me much for some reason. I shoot a .44 and could honestly shoot hunting loads all day. I've shot full load .454's also and although the fire and muzzle jump are dramatic it's really not painful in any way. I also hunt with a .35Rem Contender which is a fun boomer. Now a light or standard weight 9mm or .357 on the other hand snaps the hell out of my hand and feels like someone is whacking my palm with a switch.
Yep, a light weight frame and the full house .357 magnum round is not fun. I tried one, 6 rounds, enough. Give me a big steel frame revolver over a lightweight anyday.
And good grips make a big difference too. I think Harriet will be wearing some Ahrends real soon.
Hmm, walnut or cocobolo? Decisions decisions...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.