Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a nice to see when I looked out my window this morning.

The first two are looking north from around the Sandbar. The third one is west from around the Sandbar the right of the picture is the point in Fair Haven where the water tower used to be..

At one point you could see an entire double rainbow. It was gone by the time I grabbed a wide angle plus it was raining pretty good.

Matt

Rainbow Cloud Water Sky Atmosphere

Rainbow Water Cloud Sky Atmosphere

Rainbow Water Cloud Sky Atmosphere

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
We saw it too. I have never seen a rainbow from beginning to end and so bright as that one.
That rainbow was heaven sent

I have pics too...but we all know what happens to mypics...they stay in my cam !

The sunrise was also beautiful ydy...the sun was just breaking over a line of clouds and illuminating the tips of the vegetation in the St John's marsh. Very serene.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Awsome photos. I really like the Double shot. the 2nd is a reflection of the first. if you look you can see the color spectrum is reversed. did you look to see if there was a pot of gold at the end.

·
Registered
575 Posts
QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Nov 27 2009, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(dartag @ Nov 27 2009, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>... if you look you can see the color spectrum is reversed.

Thanks for pointing that out, I never noticed it before !!! Does that always happen with double rainbows?

every one i have ever seen i reversed. you can google double rainbow for the scientific explanation.
here is a photo i took Mothers day 2009 just before we had dinner.

Rainbow over Union Lake.

You can never see enough Rainbows.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Beautiful rainbows everyone, I consider it good luck to see a rainbow!

Here's one I took in Maui. The rain clouds were rolling over the top of it, but it stayed out for a long time. Spectacular rainbows in Hawaii!

Rainbow Cloud Sky Water Liquid

Attachments

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(wantsa311 @ Nov 27 2009, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(dartag @ Nov 27 2009, 06:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>... if you look you can see the color spectrum is reversed.

Thanks for pointing that out, I never noticed it before !!! Does that always happen with double rainbows?

Me either. Interesting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts