Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally going to do it, my Dad and I have talked about it for years. We are going to Rainy Lk. in Minnesota the end of Feb for Walleye, Crappies, and Pike. Not trying to do this one on my own we are going with a guide. Check out his site it looks awesome can't wait.... www.fairlyreliable.com This will be the farthest that I have traveled to go ice fishing.. Anyone else been to Rainy???

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have been to Rainy. My brother in law was the lead designer for artic cat out there. Him and my sister lived in Thief River Falls MN. It was during the winter and we were thinking of doing some walleye fishing on the Rainy, so we did a road trip. Drove all the way up to the rainy, but we didn't catch crap. We hit a couple other places too, and couldn't catch nothing. Well I cant nothing, at one spot a small walleye came up to the top of a whole I was fishing and I grabbed it with my hands, but that was it. I was kinda disappointed, but then he brought me to the artic cat building, and when we went behind the building there was every kind of snowmobile ever made. They had all the one they make plus all the competitors sleds too. It was great. He had 4 automatic starters, hit the buttons and our snow mobile's shook off the snow, and we were off. They groom all the ditches out there for the locals to ride on. How are you getting out there? We took the train, with a delux sleeper car, very relaxing and lots of cool scenery. And a different time I drove 15 hours straight, that sucked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts