Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Anyone who's thinking about a new boat and would like to see some Ranger Boats, D&R Sports Center is having Ranger Boats Day this Saturday, March 8th from 9AM to 5PM.

Pat Kleppert will be there from Ranger. Ranger has various specials for their 35th anniversary this year including free covers and other specials by model and engine selection. D&R will have various bass & walleye rigs on display.

There will be reps from various bass and walleye tournament circuits available along with their schedules for 2003 for those of you interested. You can fill our your Ranger Cup registration there too if you want to be eligible for the bonuses. Stop by if you're in the area.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Dan,

Keep us informed as to the event! That Randy sure is a first class guy! I was allowed to be there last year and he had tons of people needing his time and assistance. Not once during the event did he lose his smile, once again Randy is FIRST CLASS!

Guy's, If you haven't had a chance to visit D & R, I think you'll like what they do!

Doug

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
The Vandam family is one of the nicest families in the entire industry, and Randy is no exception. A great guy with a great store, if you havent been there, I highly recommend it. You can see what the Ohio State record smallmouth looks like too (9 1/2 lbs.).

Mini

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It appears I'll be the Federation Classic Series rep Saturday since there are several events to cover. Doug, I was wondering if you would be there representing GNT.

I don't know the date yet on Randy's annual store promotion where more of the big names come in (boy, it never hurts to have brother who's rated #1 in the world).

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(djkimmel @ Mar 6 2003, 10:00 PM)It appears I'll be the Federation Classic Series rep Saturday since there are several events to cover. Doug, I was wondering if you would be there representing GNT.

I don't know the date yet on Randy's annual store promotion where more of the big names come in (boy, it never hurts to have brother who's rated #1 in the world).
Randy doesnt NEED Kevin and visa versa....but, as you said, it never hurts.

The event should be a good one, regardless of the boat and the showroom deals, there is a great bait selection!

No other guys from the Classic Series gonna be there? What about Randy's other pro staffers? They are always at the CS events (Merle, Jim Jr., Tom, Sicklesteel? These are some of the best in the state outside of the Vandam family....lol

Mini

·
Registered
718 Posts
Dan,

No, we won't be there this year, Randy was very gratious last year to allow me to have a great spot but it just didn't pan out. Our program doesn't fall into the needs of the guys over there.

I was asked to do tournaments in the North by a sponsor this year and lets face the facts, we stunk big time on the west!

Good luck and have a great time at the function.

Doug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts