Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
I had heard genmar was filing. I have have nothing but good things to say about my boat. Ranger has bent over backwards to make me happy. Things eventually fail on boats it happens. Rangers service has been outstanding so has the customer service dept. I even have talked to some of the guys putting the boats together to see how to change the fuel sending unit. Of course their numbers are down. Who has disposable income for a new boat these days? I read the report. Leave it to the uninformed to spout off. I have a had time believe that a company like ranger would keep a $10,000 dollar deposit and tell you off.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I am not a "Ranger guy"...but the authors complaints don't add up......He sounds like someone with a beef trying to warp the facts to do some harm to Ranger...

Actually from what I have been hearing Ranger/Triton Bass boat sales have been pretty steady(considering).....It is the Runabout and play boat sales that has been hurting Genmar.....

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
That's probably a bunch of over sensationalized. highly exaggerated crap...geeez!! I've had nothing but GREAT service from Ranger and the 2 dealers I've worked with (Jan's and Wonderland). I've owned 4 different Rangers and sold all 4 to other people who CONTINUE to get great service and honest dealings with Ranger even as 2nd owners! They didn't win the JD Powers awards all those years by being "ripoffs". C'mon folks,.....take about 1/2 of what you read on the internet with a block of salt...and take the other 1/2 and ignore it completely!! Ranger's a GREAT company with a huge following and customer base, built by decades of puttting customer's FIRST.....there's no way they'll fail with a business model like that!

...and no...I don't even own a Ranger this year nor did I have one last year,.....but as soon as my kids are out of college,...you can bet I'll have a new one in my future! I've been to the plant...I've worked and talked to all levels of management from Randy Hopper & Forrest Wood to the folks on the line......they ALL live, breathe and rely on quality and customer satisfaction for their livelihoods.....in these times MORE THAN EVER!! (I don't believe Legend would stoop to that level as a company to condone that kind of competition bashing ether......that's just a bunch of Legend owner's who are wishing they would've bought the Ranger instead!!!..LOL J/K!!!) IMHO, you can buy a new Ranger now (even w/Genmar restructuring) and you'll get the same excellent service from Ranger and your dealer that's expected when you drop that kind of coin on a boat,....right now you can probably get the best deal EVER on a new boat because of the current economy....I wish I could take advantage of the opportunity!!

A Ranger fan and owner,....past and future.
Mac

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
A $10,000 deposit seems odd doesn't it? When I ordered my Champion I wrote the deposit check for $1,000. Then when the boat came in and I picked it up, I wrote a larger check and financed the rest.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE(bassfan586 @ Jul 4 2009, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I thought so
I bought mt first Ranger this past April.I'm puzzled by the way some of these people paid their down payments.My boat is a 2009 Ranger 188VX/w an Optimax ProXS175.After all the options I had installed by the dealer such as;Lowrance HDS-10,and two 520c's,a fourth battery and a four-bank on-board charger,hot foot,Hamby keel guard,and so on.The total price came to $41,000.At the time I finally agreed to buy the boat,I sat down with my dealer and agreed to put down $500.00 right then and there.The reason behind that was Ranger and Mercury were both running promotions at that time that expired on April 15th.Mercury was giving an additional two years on their warranties,and Ranger was promoting the Comanche package worth about $1500.00 in gear.By putting down the $500,I was in on all the deals.I had also "pre-arranged" to put down a considerable amount of cash once the boat was complete(all options installed).In the end,I put down a total of $20,000,got my boat,and have been very happy with it ever since.I have had a couple of issue's with it,who doesn't? The hot foot pedal was sticking-dealer fixed it right away(no charge)had a small glitch with the HDS-10,again the dealer took care of it-free of charge.I've had it down there a couple other times as well,and they found the time to fix or correct any problem I may have had.Just the fact that the guy in the article said that the Ranger dealer admitted to him that Ranger or Genmar were ripoffs convinces me that he's a liar.No dealer would ever bad-mouth the company they work for-get real! Buy a great boat from a great company,do your business with credible dealers and you'll have no problems.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
QUOTE(487vs @ Jul 4 2009, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would like to start out by saying I have only good experiences with Ranger service, but I'm hearing some nightmares lately:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/451/...1428.htm#422376

Does anyone know whats going on?

This sounds like the ramblings of an ex employee, If anyone has ever been around the boat business, there is always issues from time to time. But not just with Ranger, with all the different manufacturers. I have seen this first hand being around the boat business the better part of 13 years now,and I have heard from friends of mine who sell cars and they tell me the same kind of stories from the car companies.

When things are mass produced, things do slip through the cracks. It is all in how your dealer or the Manufacturer handle the issue that makes the big difference in the end. as far as keeping a deposit? NO WAY did that happen. any good lawyer could have got that back in short order.

Ranger and Genmar are just feeling the pinch of the Economy right now just like the big 3, sales of all big ticket items are in the crapper right now but Genmar and Ranger / Stratos boats are very strong in the market place and will survive this and come out even stronger than they were before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts