Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is real, used to have fake then changed to real when I met Kurt.....

I'm talking about X-mas trees , not Boobs!

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
gotta have real...it's just not the same

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
The last 2 years I broke down and used an artificial tree

It was too much work me by myself getting the tree, strapping it to the top of my car, dragging it in the house, getting the thing in the stand level, etc. Bought a beautiful artificial tree and it is very convenient for me to use considering my circumstances. PLUS - I can put it up earlier and enjoy it longer.

Still not the same though ~ nothing beats the way your house smells with a real christmas tree in it. MMmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I thought you were talking about nails!!! LOL

We have had a fake, but getting a real for the first time this year!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(MONEYSHOT @ Nov 4 2003, 10:58 AM)I thought you were talking about nails!!! LOL

We have had a fake, but getting a real for the first time this year!
You will love the real thing! I do admit its more time comsuming that way but the smell is awsome.
" Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree..."

·
Registered
741 Posts
At first I thought you girls were talkin' about something else.
Oh well.
I was gonna say - "It doesn't matter" - "It's all good"!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(fit chick @ Nov 4 2003, 10:46 AM)Mine is real, used to have fake then changed to real when I met Kurt.....
That tree must be pretty dry and brown by now.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Nov 4 2003, 11:06 AM)QUOTE(fit chick @ Nov 4 2003, 10:46 AM) Mine is real, used to have fake then changed to real when I met Kurt.....
That tree must be pretty dry and brown by now.

you are a smart arse

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(fit chick @ Nov 4 2003, 11:08 AM)you are a smart arse

And you need an avatar.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(dockrocker @ Nov 4 2003, 11:20 AM)We cut our own tree down, it's one of those special "family" kind of things.
got the warm fuzzies from that one!

That is a nice family outing - just try to keep the kids from messing with the rope that is strung through the windows, while the windows are cracked to have room for the string to come through and then the kids are complaining there are strings in their way and they are freezing, and they have to climb through the front seat to get out because the doors are strung shut, yadda yadda ya....

It's fun though - totally into the family christmas tree outing experience

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Real ... and Cody always has to make sure that the lower branches are cut off so that Santa won't poke his eyes out when he puts the presents under the tree..

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Not to be the Ebeneezer Scrooge of the whole thing...........................................................................

It's not even Thanksgiving yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I love real trees for the experience of shopping for one and smelling it and the way they look and feel...

but hate the importing into the house, needles, PUTTING LIGHTS ON IS THE WORST TORTURE EVER, water necessity, throwing away of it...

I have a prelit, granted--ugly, tree, but it is three pieces and literally up and ready to go in under 5 minutes.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Have always used real trees....family thing to spend (hungover) afternoon looking for that special tree. Always hit the places that string the tree closed, that way it goes in the door easily.

Last year I went out and bought a beautiful white artificial tree and strung it with my red lights....I loved it and the easy clean up after. Really miss the family outing and smelling the tree over the holiday. That is why we have scented candles
though.

B00bs=real
Nails=real with acrylic to protect or would that be artificial??

·
Registered
397 Posts
My folks always had fake trees when I was growing up. My wife's family always had real. When we got together we've tried both and have decided to go REAL all the way for the following reasons:

- More Traditional
- Makes the house smell good
- Choosing the right tree is a fun family event
- No need to store a HUGE box all summer

1 - 20 of 45 Posts