Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way in, I texted messaged a friend cause I hadn't heard from him. I usually hear form him everyday...

Needless to say his Dad passed away last night after undergoing a simple surgery.

Everything went well during and after the surgery, but he had a heart attack 3 hours after

I can't find the right words...I don't thnk I can
He was really close with his Dad as well the rest of his brothers and sisters.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
That sucks.
Make you wonder if he'd be OK today if he hadn't gone into the hospital.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Jun 24 2003, 11:40 AM)That sucks.
Make you wonder if he'd be OK today if he hadn't gone into the hospital.
I don't think so...He went in for a blockage.

All this is supposed to be routine.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Similar think happened to Boss' Grandma. She was in the hospital for one thing, but ended up getting a staff infection and dying.

·
Registered
765 Posts
An even sadder part about everything is that his parents live across the street from him and his dad was his bowling buddy.

I didn't know his dad well but from how much I knew of him he was a teriffic guy.

Our buddy has two young daughters too.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
You know, it's OK not to know what to say or do for your friend. i've found that just being there, sometimes just saying hello is enough. Whatever comes up will be appropriate for the time being. Just knowing that he has a friend that cares is a tremendous source of support.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Sorry to hear about it

·
Registered
184 Posts
How very sad. I agree with Dookie. Don't cut off contact because you don't know what to say. Tell your friend how sorry you are and be there if he want's to talk about it or something else, for that matter. Sudden, unexpected death is very hard.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Gary wanted to stop by on his way home from work. He has alot of family that I'm sure are at his house right now being that he lives right across from his Mom. He has quite a few sisters and one brother.

We will go to the funeral home tomorrow. Gary & Ralph talk on almost a daily basis.
We've been friends for over 14 years.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(tiredofgoingincircles @ Jun 24 2003, 01:13 PM)How very sad. I agree with Dookie. Don't cut off contact because you don't know what to say. Tell your friend how sorry you are and be there if he want's to talk about it or something else, for that matter. Sudden, unexpected death is very hard.
ditto

1 - 15 of 15 Posts