Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself, Mary and the kids had a quick bite to eat at Decker's tonight, I noticed it was 8:30 and we needed to return to the rack by 9:00 so we paid our bill
and hit the road, well water. As we exited the no wake zone leaving the North channel heading down river I pushed the boat up to 35/3800rpm (maybe ... 45mph) only to have to keep slowing down for fisherman drifting in between the channel markers.

Than on one of the last sets of markers , the real narrow ones there was a fishing boat just drifting dead nuts in the middle with poles hanging off every side.. are the fish really that much better ???

WHY ??? and I did not get that close to him, I get closer to boats all the time racing.

Reason # 1-35 POWER LOADING: I had my 40ft trailer drop off once

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rant over

·
Registered
716 Posts
QUOTE(Jager Dave @ Jun 24 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just don't see the point. Hot chicks in bikinis..... slimey smelly fish..... hot chicks..... fish..... no poles on my boat.

Ditto

·
Registered
385 Posts
They do it at the mouth of the clinton all the time too and it pisses me off. Like the fishing 30-40 ft away isnt just as good, stay out of traffic. I love to fish but I stay out of everyones way, just plain pisses me off when im heading into the river and there are 8 bass boats drifting in the markers and I have to dodge them cause there trolling motors cant get them out of the way.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
QUOTE(Pachanga_Rick @ Jun 24 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Reason # 1-35 POWER LOADING: I had my 40ft trailer drop off once

I don't think the DNR or the Townships build the public ramps for 40ftrs....not from what I have seen anyway...So I think there was more to your problem than powerloading washout...I have to pay attention to make sure my 21 Footer doesn't come off from the cement...(That is why I always walk the ramp first) If the DNR did build the ramps for 40fters then we could powerload in this state like 90 percent of the rest of the states because the ramps would be properly designed with long enough cement ramps.....Then everyone would be happy and that would give you guys one less thing to whine about.....

With that being said I have seen as many if not more Four winns style and WEEEE!!! boats powerloading as I have seen Bass Boats...

It's a big lake and we have to all get along...I could fill pages of complaints about how I have been almost killed by power boats out in the middle of the lake....Mostly by drunks..I have yet to hear about a drunk Bass boater killing someone on Lake St Clair....How many drunken power boat accidents have we had this year???

Make sure your own house is clean before you try to pass blame on a group because of the actions of a few.....

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
One other side note...

There are thousands of fisherman coming from all around the country to enjoy the great fishing on LSC....With the hardships and the economic times this region is now facing we should welcome them with open arms...Alot of anglers from around this country frequent this site..I don't think it would project a positive image for them to see a bunch of bickering and whining over what really amounts to not much at all...

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
QUOTE(motocross269 @ Jun 25 2009, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Pachanga_Rick @ Jun 24 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Reason # 1-35 POWER LOADING: I had my 40ft trailer drop off once

I don't think the DNR or the Townships build the public ramps for 40ftrs....not from what I have seen anyway...So I think there was more to your problem than powerloading washout...I have to pay attention to make sure my 21 Footer doesn't come off from the cement...(That is why I always walk the ramp first) If the DNR did build the ramps for 40fters then we could powerload in this state like 90 percent of the rest of the states because the ramps would be properly designed with long enough cement ramps.....Then everyone would be happy and that would give you guys one less thing to whine about.....

With that being said I have seen as many if not more Four winns style and WEEEE!!! boats powerloading as I have seen Bass Boats...

It's a big lake and we have to all get along...I could fill pages of complaints about how I have been almost killed by power boats out in the middle of the lake....Mostly by drunks..I have yet to hear about a drunk Bass boater killing someone on Lake St Clair....How many drunken power boat accidents have we had this year???

Make sure your own house is clean before you try to pass blame on a group because of the actions of a few.....

Mission accomplished, Rick.

·
Registered
108 Posts
QUOTE(motocross269 @ Jun 25 2009, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>With that being said I have seen as many if not more Four winns style and WEEEE!!! boats powerloading as I have seen Bass Boats...

Really? Strange I did not see that; I'm sure it does happen but when I was at the Hall Rd ramp tunning my race boat I counted 6 bass boats coming in and every one of those people power loaded. It caught my eye.. do you know hoe many Four-winns style boats I seen power loading while I was there? ZERO.. I seen that 1/2 of them could not back up a trailer
but zero power loaded.

But This thread is not about power loading, we have enough of those. This thread is about fishing in the middle of the markers...

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(motocross269 @ Jun 25 2009, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I could fill pages of complaints about how I have been almost killed by power boats out in the middle of the lake....Mostly by drunks.

QUOTE(motocross269 @ Jun 25 2009, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Make sure your own house is clean before you try to pass blame on a group because of the actions of a few.....

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
QUOTE(smokeater42 @ Jun 25 2009, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>WAAAAAAWWAAAAAAA IV HAD JUST AS MANY HOT CHICKS ON MY BOAT THAT WANT TO GO FISHING AS WELL AS PARTY AT THE MOOT.
TTIUWP.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
QUOTE(Jager Dave @ Jun 25 2009, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(smokeater42 @ Jun 25 2009, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>WAAAAAAWWAAAAAAA IV HAD JUST AS MANY HOT CHICKS ON MY BOAT THAT WANT TO GO FISHING AS WELL AS PARTY AT THE MOOT.
TTIUWP.

T-o many
T-imes
I- wear ladys
U-nderwaer
W-hile
P-artying

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
QUOTE(motocross269 @ Jun 25 2009, 04:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>One other side note...

There are thousands of fisherman coming from all around the country to enjoy the great fishing on LSC....With the hardships and the economic times this region is now facing we should welcome them with open arms...Alot of anglers from around this country frequent this site..I don't think it would project a positive image for them to see a bunch of bickering and whining over what really amounts to not much at all...

Then learn the laws here

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Pachanga_Mary @ Jun 25 2009, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(motocross269 @ Jun 25 2009, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>With that being said I have seen as many if not more Four winns style and WEEEE!!! boats powerloading as I have seen Bass Boats...

Really? Strange I did not see that; I'm sure it does happen but when I was at the Hall Rd ramp tunning my race boat I counted 6 bass boats coming in and every one of those people power loaded. It caught my eye.. do you know hoe many Four-winns style boats I seen power loading while I was there? ZERO.. I seen that 1/2 of them could not back up a trailer
but zero power loaded.

But This thread is not about power loading, we have enough of those. This thread is about fishing in the middle of the markers...

Wondering how many you told that pwerloading is illegal in this state @ DNR ramps. While I understand that it can be like talking to a wall, but rather than complain about it become part of the solution. Educating the ignorant public will certainly help. I do it all the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. But at least I tried

And we have enough threads about fishing boats in the channel too. Along with pleasure boaters trying to swamp fishing boats. Did you see the post about people bragging on the radio about swamping fishing boats?

We all can get along.

QUOTE(fitsus @ Jun 25 2009, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(motocross269 @ Jun 25 2009, 04:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>One other side note...

Then learn the laws here

Agreed, but at times (like alomost always) people dont read the signs posted at the end of the ramps. Most of the time just asking them if they would like to avoid a ticket will get their attention. Then explaining to them that they cannot powerload in this state. I usually let them know that driving your boat in the trailer is not the same as powerloading. Just keep it at idle and you are legal.

Now enough of this, glad you guys had a nice evening on the lake. How was the food at Deckers?

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
If only bad/foolish behavior were limited to one group!

I'd say idiocy is pretty well distributed across the board.

What drives me even more nuts than "picnicking on the freeway" is they're a moving target. You see them up ahead, choose your line through and around, and then they move -- not out of the way, more in the way.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I had the same problem last year coming out of the north channel. I think we should be permitted to swamp any boat that is fishing in that channel.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.