Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Looking for a recommendation on a GPS/Sounder combo. I was hoping to get the unit and software (maps) without exceeding $700.

I am leaning towards the Eagle or Lowrance units. Does anyone have any experience with the Lowrance LMS320 or the Eagle Fish Elite 320. What are the difference between the two units other than price.

Lastly, Do you guys have any recommendations on where to buy. I would consider a new or used unit.

Thanks,

Joe O

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
The Lowrance LMS320 would be perfect for you Joe. The Eagle is good too, I think the only thing different is the flasher mode on the depthfinder.

Bass Pro has everything you need, including Navionics charts. Ask for Mike Weidman, he is the Marine Manager.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you do figure out exactly what you want, you might be surpriced if you put the model number in a search page like yahoo. I bought my parts for my underwater camera this way. Atleast you'll know the range of pricing.

Sir Don

·
Registered
467 Posts
A good friend of mine ordered an LMS320 directly from Lowrance...according to him, BASS Federation Membership gets you a sizeable discount. I'm in the market as well, and plan on checking with Lowrance first before shopping around...

·
Registered
991 Posts
I just bought a Garmin 176C and the chip for Lake St Clair for about $740 at West Marine during the weekend 10% sale. If you go in there, talk to Tony, he is pretty knowledgeable on the electronics...Harrison Township store

·
Registered
535 Posts
I too have been looking to upgrade my current GPS. I have a bass boat and all I use right now is a Lowrance handheld. I have been looking at the Garmin 168 and 238. Ebay has some excellent prices. Anybody have any experience with the Garmins?

Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts