Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys and Gals
Does any one have a reel repair source...I have a couple of Shimano Bantam SG 251's that need repair.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Try Aco Sportsman Service at 30538 23 mile road in Chesterfield. The phone # is 586-949-4226.

·
Registered
234 Posts
If Aco is backlogged (they were last time I was there), try Chuck Brod at [email protected] Brod is a first rate repair guy in Mosinee, Wisconsin. You mail him your reel, he fixes and returns it, and sends you a bill with the returned reel. Then you pay. The honor system. Old school, gotta love it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Try the reel maker itself. I deal with Quantum, I send the reels back to them and usually get a new reel in a box back! I have sent them reels 3 years old and older and have not been charge for a new reel.

·
Registered
927 Posts
go to the shimano website. they have a list of warranty and repair centers. they are all rated and will say whether or not they are a certified repair center.

i am getting ready to send 2 shimano reels into aco. i just talked to the guy and he said it would only take a week as long as no major repairs had to be done.

its kinda pricey, but when you think about how much you spend on the reel to begin with, its a small price to pay to ensure its quality.

if you dont want to send it to aco, you can always send it out of state to another certified repair shop.

madman himself

·
Registered
666 Posts
Is the problem just the reels wearing out, or something that should not have happened? On more than one occasion I have taken Shimano Stradic reels to the Shimano booth at the boat shows (Chicago for me) and had them look at it. They have a person there that would fix them for free on the spot. When they could not fix them at the show they have told me to send them to the factory for repair and they would fix them there for free.

On a couple of old (red) Curado's that they no longer have parts for they offered me the chance to get them replaced at a discounted price.

I can't remember if I have ever seen them at the Detroit shows with the same setup that they have at the Chicago one. Worth checking into if they are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts