Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a day of reflection, thinking about where I'm at in life, the situations I'm dealing with, (no job, son in Iraq, etc...) reading all the posts from FHG's thread, and just being bummed out in general, I thought I would put my thoughts down here, on ways to try and remain positive, happy, and thankful no matter what BS life throws at you.

Be thankful for your friends, and always try to hold on to what's important....

Hold on to faith, it is the source of believing that all things are possible. It is the fiber and strength of a confident soul.
Hold on to hope, it banishes doubt and enables attitudes to be positive and cheerful.
Hold on to trust, it is at the CORE of fruitful relationships that are secure and content.
Hold on to love, it is life's greatest gift of all, for it shares, cares and gives meaning to life.
Hold on to family and FRIENDS, they are the MOST IMPORTANT people in your life, and they make the world a better place. They are your roots and the beginnings that you grew from, they are the people that you've met as children, and people that you've met later in life, to help you on your way, and they should always remain CLOSE BY.
Hold on to all that YOU ARE and all that YOU HAVE LEARNED, for these things are what make you unique. Don't ignore what you feel and what you believe is right and important, your heart has a way of speaking louder than your mind.
Hold on to your dreams, achieve them diligently and honestly. Never take the easy way or surrender to deceit. Remember others on your way, and take time to care for their needs.
Enjoy the beauty around you.
Have the COURAGE to see things differently and clearly, and do not fear sharing your thoughts and opinions with others.
Make the world a better place one day at a time, one moment at a time, and don't let go of the important things that give meaning to your life.
Hug your kids, call your mom, stop by and mow your dad's lawn for him on a Sunday afternoon.
Send a cheerful greeting card through REGULAR mail, with a HANDWRITTEN note, to someone who is feeling down.
Fix a door handle for someone, help an elderly person with their groceries in the Kroger parking lot, hold doors open for people....it will make you feel good about yourself.
And always hold on to this thought, no matter how bad it gets, somebody, somewhere, has it alot worse than you.
Be thankful for the little things, and especially thankful for the big things, like this site, LSCN, that has brought so many people together from so many different walks of life, to care, share, and be there for each other.

I thank you all for the support you have shown me and my family when we organized the Rally...it wasn't the greatest, it was cold, it was amateurish, but the help, support and friendship from all of you was totally overwhelming.

Sorry so long, but let me end with this....when I think about some of the people on this board that are having or have had problems with (or without...Pauli!!!)...a partner in their life, please take this advice....
Don't look for someone you can find happiness with. Instead, FIND HAPPINESS and then look for someone you can share it with.

Once again, sorry this was so long, but most of the time when serious thoughts creep into my grey matter, they tend to fester and grow!!!

I am NINJA....feed off my energy!!!

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ Apr 30 2003, 09:25 PM)Thanks for fixing my door handle Ken. Nice post BTW!
You're welcome

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Hey I've got a few things that need fixin' over here!

Nice Post...I went through this "time of reflection" on Sunday...and again today...

think everyone should take note of this part:

Be thankful for the little things, and especially thankful for the big things, like this site, LSCN, that has brought so many people together from so many different walks of life, to care, share, and be there for each other.

REMEMBER WHAT BROUGHT US TOGETHER - let's not let ANYTHING tear us apart!!!

Luv ya'll !!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(Ken Neeley @ Apr 30 2003, 10:17 PM)I thank you all for the support you have shown me and my family when we organized the Rally...it wasn't the greatest, it was cold, it was amateurish, but the help, support and friendship from all of you was totally overwhelming.
It was the greatest <_<

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Saleena.....watcha need fixed??? Handy-Man for hire since Snow doesn't REALLY want the jobs!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
UMMMM...

Never Mind.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
...Hmmm.....

Ken; That's a great post!!!!

You still live TOO F'N far away, paisan!

You're a good person, Ken Neeley! We ALL know that. What's neat is that you've made a LOT of us (knowingly or unknowingly) better people! Want proof?????......

...How many of us here would have joined in some "patriotic parade" before last fall?

...How many of us, especially those who might live quite a ways away, would have driven an hour to meet people you've never met before, yet feel like you've known them all forever?

...How many of us would put our WHOLE NAME as our screen name? Not many. John Maniaci, Ken Neeley, Campari, Advantage Rob, Hazy Memory, etc. Those guys aren't afraid of posting their REAL names!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Thanks for the humility lesson.

The parents stuff hit home. MA & PA have been pretty NEGATIVE lately. Been doing nothing but bitchin and complaining. Been finding myself getting annoyed!

Thanks for grounding me.

This is a trend going....Is EVERYONE OK out there! Things will get better. Summers coming

Everyone I talk to is anticipating a great second half!

CHIN UP!
(ADVISE for ME TOO!)

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Apr 30 2003, 10:57 PM)...
Oh yeah, as far as first and last name goes I almost forgot about "Gary Debs"!!!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Thank you, Ken for a wonderful post. I've had a rough last couple of weeks and reading your thoughts just made me refocus...I needed that.

Great big group hug right now would be great!

GBA

Camp...you are adding miles with those smilies......

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(garydebs @ Apr 30 2003, 09:57 PM)Thanks for the humility lesson.

The parents stuff hit home. MA & PA have been pretty NEGATIVE lately. Been doing nothing but bitchin and complaining. Been finding myself getting annoyed!

Thanks for grounding me.

This is a trend going....Is EVERYONE OK out there! Things will get better. Summers coming

Everyone I talk to is anticipating a great second half!

CHIN UP!
(ADVISE for ME TOO!)
The thoughts of the parents hit home with me too....I'm gonna make time to go over there tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(Ken Neeley @ Apr 30 2003, 10:13 PM)The thoughts of the parents hit home with me too....I'm gonna make time to go over there tomorrow.
Don't really have that option with my P's - but instead I'll just love my kids a little more tomorrow. I think I'll get Joey from day care early and we'll go out for an ice cream - with extra whipped cream & sprinkleys just because!!!

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I take it all back....life sucks.
Goodnite

1 - 20 of 45 Posts