Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Registered
2,968 Posts
QUOTE(Madmax @ Apr 30 2003, 09:36 PM)QUOTE(Ken Neeley @ Apr 30 2003, 10:17 PM) I thank you all for the support you have shown me and my family when we organized the Rally...it wasn't the greatest, it was cold, it was amateurish, but the help, support and friendship from all of you was totally overwhelming.
It was the greatest

MY PRIVILEDGE
Proud as well as honored to participate.

· Registered
3,943 Posts
Ken got some bad news last night that (apparently after the first post)that good friend of his (only 45 years old) had a heart attack and passed away.

So sorry to hear that Ken - I hope you're ok today.

Chin Up - We love you
Sometimes life's not fair and it doesn't make any sense but we have to have faith that it's all part of the God's plan in some understandable way I guess. Ya gotta believe in that though - after all - who else would make the stars in the sky, or the mountains, or gorgeous sunsets, or the beauty of the spring time, or the feeling loving someone and being loved in return.

You have to press on and cherish each and every day. Hope you're ok today though

· Sponsor Since 1/10
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanx guys...
He wasn't a real close friend, but a new friend who also happens to be an icon in the world of morel mushrooms...he was considered the worlds premier authority on morels, and he taught me quite a few things about hunting them.
Sorry for that last post, I was just trying to get myself grounded and on the right track again when I heard of his death, and it totally bummed me out...but I'm ok.

In fact, I'm thinking of heading to Camp Neeley tonite and hunting mushrooms for a couple of days.

· Sponsor Since 1/10
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
QUOTE(FunHappyGrl @ May 1 2003, 11:22 AM)Hunting mushrooms??? What kind of mushrooms do you hunt?

It was a nice post Ken!!!

The king of all 'shrooms.....the MIGHTY MOREL!!!!!!!!

· Registered
334 Posts
QUOTE(Ken Neeley @ May 1 2003, 11:40 AM)QUOTE(FunHappyGrl @ May 1 2003, 11:22 AM) Hunting mushrooms??? What kind of mushrooms do you hunt?

never heard of that, guess i'll have to look it up!!

· Sponsor Since 1/10
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
QUOTE(FunHappyGrl @ May 1 2003, 11:51 AM)QUOTE(Ken Neeley @ May 1 2003, 11:40 AM) QUOTE(FunHappyGrl @ May 1 2003, 11:22 AM) Hunting mushrooms??? What kind of mushrooms do you hunt?

Go here:

www.morelheaven.com

You don't know what you're missing if you've never hunted or eaten Morel's!!!

· Registered
334 Posts
QUOTE(Ken Neeley @ May 1 2003, 11:57 AM)QUOTE(FunHappyGrl @ May 1 2003, 11:51 AM) QUOTE(Ken Neeley @ May 1 2003, 11:40 AM) QUOTE(FunHappyGrl @ May 1 2003, 11:22 AM) Hunting mushrooms??? What kind of mushrooms do you hunt?

Go here:

www.morelheaven.com

You don't know what you're missing if you've never hunted or eaten Morel's!!!
very interesting

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.