Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard many debates on weather a U.S. boat and crew can legally beach on Sea Way, pitch a tent, and spend the night.

What is LCN's response to this question?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I would think OK as long as you get out and camp on the US portion and not the Canadian portion...

People beach their boats and party on the US stretch every Sat and Sunday.

Should move this to the boathouse forum, you'll get more responses.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
The actual border is not clear (to me anyway)....

I look at charts and my Navionics chart on my Lowrance says that its a straight line between the last tree on the south part of the island (not the rock jetty) through the firecracker. That would put that whole sandy area over there in Canada.

But I dont think its patrolled (I guess enforced is a better word) all that well.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
all the maps i'm loking at , call it canadian. It's a great question, maybe the Dnr, OPP or the border control, could answer that. Our Coast Guard " Admiral" could also".

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
QUOTE(EagleLarry @ Jun 30 2009, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>all the maps i'm loking at , call it canadian. It's a great question, maybe the Dnr, OPP or the border control, could answer that. Our Coast Guard " Admiral" could also".

Was there a response in there.

All I saw was the avatar.

Matt

·
Registered
28 Posts
EagleLarry made the breast I mean best response possible. Check with the authorities when I was a kid back in the 80's we used to camp on both sides with no problems. How things have changed!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts

Here is an image of the chart that I have on my computer. You can see the purple/pink line cutting thru the land. So I would think that part of it is US?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seaway is canadian. used to go there as a kid all the time but now you need a canadian anchoring permit and are supposed to call the authorities and let them know you are anchoring and staying in canadian waters. also technically you should have a pass port or the new card thing with you even if your fishing. they may not check for it but they can.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts