Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard many debates on weather a U.S. boat and crew can legally beach on Sea Way, pitch a tent, and spend the night.

What is LCN's response to this question?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
795 Posts
Pitch a tent

Anyways there is a small portion of the southern part of the island that is US that you could technically land on without reporting. Now there isn't a big sign or dashes in the sand, so you might also be explaining (arguing) with an authority about this if he doesn't agree.

If you go thru reporting and checking in and all of that I don't see why you can't be on part of it, with the exception of some Wapole Indian rule which I don't know?

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Think about the freighters before pitching your tent. I have seen people set up camp just to have it destroyed by a freighter wake. The other negative is the freighter wake picks your boat up and slams it into the ground. Nice sand over there though.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Dante421 @ Jul 6 2009, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Think about the freighters before pitching your tent. I have seen people set up camp just to have it destroyed by a freighter wake. The other negative is the freighter wake picks your boat up and slams it into the ground. Nice sand over there though.
It really can be like small tidal wave. Don't setup near the waters edge, or have the boat in shallow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts