Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a tournament question, when you register as a boater or non-boater for the BFL/Everstart tournaments on their website, are you picked randomly from a group of people looking to also fish in the tournaments as a boater or non-boater? In other words you're not guaranteed a spot as a boater or non-boater right? From what I've seen they must mail you a letter stating what tournaments you were picked to fish in, is that right? Do you have to qualify otherwise to be able to fish in all tournaments of one series?

Thanks everyone, any info would be greatly appreciated, trying to learn more about the tournaments.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I can olny speek about the Everstart series not the BFL.

On tuesday morning you could have registerd and go on line if you are Ranger owner.If you are not a Ranger owner then you have to submit your request on that given date.

You can pick as many tournaments as you wish to fish.
The FLW scheduling team offers up the openings to Ranger owners first.
Those who wish to fish all of the tournaments have the best chance on getting in since that person is making the committment to fish all of the events.

After those spots are filled then the move to the next step which would be the people who are fishing 3,2 or 1 tournment. Then of course when you applied also makes a difference as to where you end up on their registration list. I'm sure their are other attributes to their selection process, but this is about all I know. Good Luck.

·
Registered
319 Posts
If a non boater and boater enter together they are guaranteed providing the field is not filled and entered before the deadline(bfl only). Entering seprately your on a list and only in if they can match boaters and non boaters. Go to the flw site they have the brochure on there and it explains it all. Also you can find a boater or nonboater on the board there.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
If your registering as a boater on the BFL side you should have no problem getting in.

If your registering as a non-boater on the BFL side you will run the chance being put on the wait list. They get a lot of app's. As Mexque mentioned, find a boater to register with and you should automatically get in. Registering for all events will also increase your chances.

If your registering as boater on the Everstart side you run the chance of being put on the wait list. But I've been called from the wait list everytime. Again registering for all events will increase your chances.

If your registering as a non-boater on the Everstart side you run the chance of bine put on the wait list. Not sure the chances of getting called off this list. I imagine the demand is simliar to the BFL. Again registering for all events will increase your chances.

Priority registration for the Everstart ended today. Hopefully you all remembered. Luckily I did. One more tip: If your on the wait list and it is getting close to the tournament, make sure you make a friendly call to nice ladies in the office and let them know your willing to fish. Don't be a pest but a couple calls never hurt.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you get put on the waiting list as a co-angler or angler in the BFL, Everstart what does that mean? Does it mean you're behind other guys waiting to get in and if people above you cancel for some reason then they work there way down the waiting list to see who can fish next until they possibly get to you?

Thanks

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
If your on the angler side. Odds are you will get a call. The co-angler side is a toss up. Depends on your number.

Like I mentioned before I would make a freindly call to the gals that handle the registration for which ever series your in. Do it as the entry fee deadline nears. Just to let them know you are definately interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts