Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I just had an incredibly vivid memory of having clothes on lay away at kmart for the beginning of the school year. We didn't have much money, so new clothes were a treat... and the knowledge that I had my very own new clothes (recalling a pink dress specifically) on lay away, was just way too exciting!!

lol...

is there still such a thing?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Its usually what my wife says to me when I try to curl up with her in bed. <_<

(Ew, that was a bad joke)

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I remember lay-away!!!! I was a teen....

and I remember lay-away when my oldest was a baby!!!
<_<
(so many mixed emotions
)

Hey, Snow~Lay away, Puff-head!!! I'm sleeping....

j/k...we appreciate your sense of humor

speaking of....I better get my butt in bed!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I believe that kmart still has layaway. LOL

I remember that alot of stores used to have it. I put a leather jacket on lay a way at express or something like that.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
"Attention K-Mart shoppers! For the next 30 minutes we will be having a Blue Light Special on boys Rustler Jeans."

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I used to do it at Kmart for Christmas presents - giving $50.00 a week helped rather than getting hit with it all at once.

I miss the "K Cafe"

my mom used to work there

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
lol I used to work there
about six months ago actually. Thats where I met the Hazy man

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
do any store still do that beside k mart?? hey remember kresges?? or fedrals?

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
totally remember Federall's BobRob

I remember when they had the fire I had nightmares that night - I thought our house was going to burn down - remember the dream too - there was a line of fire coming from the dept store straight to my house

I was like 4 years old

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Woolworth's.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob @ May 16 2004, 05:48 PM)do any store still do that beside k mart?? hey remember kresges?? or fedrals?
Kresges!! OMG! I remember going in to the lunch counter there and spinning for a sundae. you could pay anywhere from .01 to 1.25! I miss the 5 and dimes!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
We still use it over here! It is great for Christmas shopping, my mom will have me go pick out what cloths I would like, I put it on lay away and she will pick it up. Works out perfect, then you know that you are going to like what you get and it fits

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
My parents used to do the same thing. Put our school clothes on layaway and it was so exciting when we finally got them. Kind of funny, but actually brought back some good memories of school shopping and stuff like that!

I remember Kresge.........

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I remember Kresge!

I used to go lay away at Jean-Nicole!! Anyone remember that store?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I remember those and more....

Cunningham's Drug Store
A & P Supermarket
Chatham's Supermarket
Stereo City

and....

Mr. Softie, an ice cream truck that sold soft serve ice cream cones and banana splits, just like a Dairy Queen on wheels.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts