Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Soundwaves would like to offer the members of LSCN a pre-season remote start discount so you can avoid the rush(and get a great deal).

Basically, the more members that want them, the cheaper they will be for everyone. The normal pricing for our packages are as follows---

Remote Start only--$119.99*installed

Remote Start w/keyless entry--$159.99*installed

Remote Start w/keyless entry and trunk--$189.99*installed

2-way Remote Start/Alarm w/keyless and trunk--$229.99*installed

***Most vehicles newer than 1998 need a factory security interface, which range from $40-$80, depending on the vehicle(most cars will be $60)***The interface price is in addition to the package price***All prices are plus tax***

ALL of our remote start packages are first quality, new, current products by OMEGA. They all come with 2 remotes, 1200 feet of range and a LIFETIME warranty. The only execption is the 2 way system which has 1500 feet of range. The reason I mention the first quality, new and current thing is because most companies offering the "discount" remote start sell a older, refurbished remote start that typically only has 200-300 feet of range and 1 remote. Don't be fooled!!!

For LSCN members, we will start them out with the regular 10% off all packages and interfaces. We will give an additional 10% for every 25 members that get on board. 25 member=20%, 50 members=30%. So the more people that get involved, the cheaper they become for everyone.

I will be starting a poll in the next day or so to guage interest. If I get enough members that definatly want in on the special pricing, I will set up a spreadsheet with who wants what and what price it will be. There will be a deadline for confirming that you want one and another deadline for payment in full.

Thank you for looking. Let me know if you have any questions..... Chad--- Soundwaves Tech

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Sounds good I have an 08 jeep liberty

·
Registered
308 Posts
i don't know about their product specifically, but I have heard of lots of probelm with aftermarket remote staters. My brother had one, and several times he would come out in the morning, finding that his truck had started on its own sometime during the night.

I know somebody that has 1 now, and on occation, the car won't shut off. another time it shut off going down the road. Very scary at highway speed when your car shuts off!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
QUOTE(its4play @ Sep 22 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i don't know about their product specifically, but I have heard of lots of probelm with aftermarket remote staters. My brother had one, and several times he would come out in the morning, finding that his truck had started on its own sometime during the night.

I know somebody that has 1 now, and on occation, the car won't shut off. another time it shut off going down the road. Very scary at highway speed when your car shuts off!!

I wonder what brand of starter it was? Who installed it? There are a lot of cheap remote starters out there that I personally will not touch. There also a lot of very under-quilified installers out there putting them in. I have heard of problems with cheap units and bad installers, neither of which you will get here.

·
Sponsor since Sep. 08
488 Posts
For LSCN members, we will start them out with the regular 10% off all packages and interfaces. We will give an additional 10% for every 25 members that get on board. 25 member=20%, 50 members=30%. So the more people that get involved, the cheaper they become for everyone.

I will be starting a poll in the next day or so to guage interest. If I get enough members that definatly want in on the special pricing, I will set up a spreadsheet with who wants what and what price it will be. There will be a deadline for confirming that you want one and another deadline for payment in full.

Thank you for looking. Let me know if you have any questions..... Chad--- Soundwaves Tech
[/quote]

75 members=40%?
150 members = 70%
225 members = 100% discount??? Free???

Come on people sign up! lol This a great deal!

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Soundwaves installed the Remote Start w/keyless entry--$159.99*installed last winter on my wifes van. I also had them install an AMP while they were at it. They did a GREAT job and we are very happy with it. I had them do it on a big snow storm day, they got the van stuck in the driveway for a little bit. I was ammused watching them....

None the less, they did great. I will be back to buy a sub and a box for my van soon.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Cocktails&Dreams @ Sep 23 2009, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>For LSCN members, we will start them out with the regular 10% off all packages and interfaces. We will give an additional 10% for every 25 members that get on board. 25 member=20%, 50 members=30%. So the more people that get involved, the cheaper they become for everyone.

75 members=40%?
150 members = 70%
225 members = 100% discount??? Free???

Come on people sign up! lol This a great deal!

Unfortunatly, the cap will probably be 30%(maybe a little more depending on program we work out with distributor). Even at 30% off, its a better deal, on a better product than anyone else is offering.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
On Saturday I had remote start/alarm/trunk pop/keyless entry installed on Brians 2005 Saturn for $249 at Phase Four in Fraser. 1500' range. That included the price of the Passkey module.

I want remote start on my 02 Envoy though... wonder if Soundwaves can beat Phase Fours price ($150 out the door w/security module)

·
Registered
147 Posts
QUOTE(Chriznat @ Sep 23 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>On Saturday I had remote start/alarm/trunk pop/keyless entry installed on Brians 2005 Saturn for $249 at Phase Four in Fraser. 1500' range. That included the price of the Passkey module.

I want remote start on my 02 Envoy though... wonder if Soundwaves can beat Phase Fours price ($150 out the door w/security module)

If we get enough people involved here, we will be under Phase Fours price. What brand was it, if you don't mine me asking. Just want to make sure we are comparing apples to apples here. If we can get to the 50 member mark, you are looking at $140 out the door for remote start only on most newer cars.

Was the system you had installed a "2 way" system?

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
QUOTE(themess1 @ Sep 23 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If we get enough people involved here, we will be under Phase Fours price. What brand was it, if you don't mine me asking. Just want to make sure we are comparing apples to apples here.

Dont quote me, I think the key fob says 'marksman'. But I dont remember if it was one I was looking at in the store, or the one I brought home (Damn I miss my memory!)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(Chriznat @ Sep 23 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(themess1 @ Sep 23 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If we get enough people involved here, we will be under Phase Fours price. What brand was it, if you don't mine me asking. Just want to make sure we are comparing apples to apples here.

Dont quote me, I think the key fob says 'marksman'. But I dont remember if it was one I was looking at in the store, or the one I brought home (Damn I miss my memory!)

For something comparible to a Marksman, I could do it for $220.00 out the door. Marksman is ok, middle of the run equipment. All of our units are top quility. I don't like to sell anything but the best, especially when it comes to remote starters.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will have a poll up tomorrow for those who are interested. Then just message me with which package you would like, what kind of vehicle you have and I will message you back a total. Haven't figured out a deadline yet but, probably will be near the end of october. If you wish to have it installed before then, no big deal.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(freckles @ Sep 23 2009, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can you put one on a car with a manual trans? Just wondering how it would start without holding in the clutch...

You can put one on a manuel trans but it is difficult, dangerous and technically illegal.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
QUOTE(themess1 @ Sep 24 2009, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You can put one on a manuel trans but it is difficult, dangerous and technically illegal.
Back when I used to install for Midwest Electronics I installed one on a manual Jeep Wrangler. The owner started it and smashed it into a brick wall. Fortunately they had him sign a waiver incase anything happened like that.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.