Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the graphics removed from my transom. Now I am looking at a lot of leftover adhesive. I have a quart of 3M Adhesive Cleaner but it doesn't seem to be making a dent. Am I being impatient and just keep applying it over and over or is there something else I should try?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I was done scraping, well crap. I will get those and give it a try. The fish seem to love me out on the platform they keep tossing water at me trying to get the fish flies.

·
Registered
15,051 Posts
I've had really good luck with Goo Gone. Get's rid of the sticky left over from stickers and even gets 4200 off your hands. Not to mention it has a nice orange scent.

·
Registered
9,173 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Blow dryer and a rag, use Simply Green (by Clorox) just make sure you don't heat it up too much!

Soft Scrub to get the left overs.

Never use products that can damage your gel coat

Never use products that can pollute the lake or your environment.

Please don't use MEK, acetone, or toilet bowl cleaners, they all are damaging to the gel coat. Remember this is a simple operation and not complex. You don't need a hand grenade to kill a squirrel.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(PurpleHeart91 @ Jun 21 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You don't need a hand grenade to kill a squirrel.

But squirrels are evil little turds. Got it all nice and clean. Now going to try the soft scrub to clean it up all pretty. Wish I would have brought my rubbing compound and some wax.

Thanks for all the info and I didn't spill a drop into the water.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.