Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the graphics removed from my transom. Now I am looking at a lot of leftover adhesive. I have a quart of 3M Adhesive Cleaner but it doesn't seem to be making a dent. Am I being impatient and just keep applying it over and over or is there something else I should try?

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
Don't be shy with the 3m stuff get it wet and give a few seconds to work.

Head over to West Marine and get a package of these plastic razor blades they will really help. Or use an old credit card or plastic putty knife from the hardware store to scrape. But those plastic razor blades are the best.

Matt

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I was done scraping, well crap. I will get those and give it a try. The fish seem to love me out on the platform they keep tossing water at me trying to get the fish flies.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Try Ronsonal(sp) cigerette lighter fluid, works great. The newer Zippo lighter fluid won't work cause it does not contain naptha anymore.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
I've had really good luck with Goo Gone. Get's rid of the sticky left over from stickers and even gets 4200 off your hands. Not to mention it has a nice orange scent.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
hammer used a rubber wheel on the end of a drill, pulled off the graphics pretty easily, then a quick wipe with something cleared it all off....

you'd have to ask him about the drill piece....

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Jun 17 2009, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've had really good luck with Goo Gone. Get's rid of the sticky left over from stickers and even gets 4200 off your hands. Not to mention it has a nice orange scent.

I second the Goo Gone. Works great.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Blow dryer and a rag, use Simply Green (by Clorox) just make sure you don't heat it up too much!

Soft Scrub to get the left overs.

Never use products that can damage your gel coat

Never use products that can pollute the lake or your environment.

Please don't use MEK, acetone, or toilet bowl cleaners, they all are damaging to the gel coat. Remember this is a simple operation and not complex. You don't need a hand grenade to kill a squirrel.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(PurpleHeart91 @ Jun 21 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You don't need a hand grenade to kill a squirrel.

But squirrels are evil little turds. Got it all nice and clean. Now going to try the soft scrub to clean it up all pretty. Wish I would have brought my rubbing compound and some wax.

Thanks for all the info and I didn't spill a drop into the water.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts