Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the end of the boating season coming and the possible spotty weather this weekend we have heard alot of talk about going so off we go please post if you are interested in going we have seaveral poeple so far planning on going.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Great Idea, if i dont work i would love to go.
as we talked about...

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Went last weekend with Shandog, the puppy and Joey. It was fun although it did rain. The Joust wasnt what I remebered it from years past.....but there were more fraks than ever before!

Mini

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I bring it to the top

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
...definitely in but I could only go on Sunday...it's soccer season

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I went to there for my first time Sunday and let me say that I was not impressed. I expected it to be like Robin Hood with lords and ladies and stuff and instead it was like a damn gypsy show. My 5 year old Joey even said to me "Mom, look, he looks like the Osbournes!"

After we paid the price for admission, everything cost $$ inside too. Everything. And the few things that didn't (like the jousting event and the glass blowing demonstration) they passed around a hat so you could tip them. Again, like gypsies mooching $$ off you everywhere you turned. I mean, you pay the price for admission to Cedar Point and atleast you get to ride on rides there without having to reach in your wallet every time you turn around. Not that I'm am a tight wad, because I am not, but I just don't think that I'll be going back there again. I'd rather go to the plum pit on 10 & Gratiot to smell some incense and see some flower people. I get a better value for my buck and have something tangible to show for my $$ I spent.

My .02 on that issue. But for the peeps that are going - have a good time. Bring a swatter for the bees, and bring a TON of singles - you'll get nickled and dimed to death for them.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Hey Shandog, dancinggirl529 (Christine) me & my boys were there last Sunday too. We were enjoying the last Dead Bob show when the rain hit...that guy's so f#*%in funny. Yea, I know what you mean about passing the hat, I went thru a lot more money then I thought I would. But it was the first time I've ever been there...we all had a blast. Couldn't believe how many people were dressed up in character...could you imagine getting pulled over after drinking a dozen or so of those watered down beers
Even though I went thru a lot of money...it was still a good time. Plan on going every year now that I know what it's all about.

just my .02

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
Shandog, I went two years ago and had a blast. You do spend a lil money, but it is worth it. The bigger the group that goes, the more fun you'll have. A big @ss group like LSCN should, with no doubt, have a good time. The soup in a bread bowl, turkey leg, a few beers, a bunch of wenches showin' major cleavage... I'm gettin' a chubby just thinkin' about it!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
A group of us plan on leaving my house around noon tomorrow. If anyone wants to join the caravan, you are more than welcome. Afterwards we are going to Jamboozies on VanDyke & 18 1/2 mile across from Noonan Pontiac.
Come out and party with the zman!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
I say let's go Sunday around noon, leave @ 6:00 pm then make a stop at the Palace for the R.E.M. show!

We can go to the REM show in our outfits.....We will be the freaks this time!

Then to Steves' Back room for a HOT TUB SPLASH (
)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts