Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought this boat last June and it has taken us a year to come up with new name. However, we do not want to upset the Boating Gods when we remove the old name.

So lend me your guys' expertise and wisdom. Is there a ritual change?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Don't worry about the boating gods...
Freighters and other commercial ships get their name changed every time they change hands... you don't see them sinking all over the place, do ya? (..and even when they do, it's usually got more to do with the owner pushing to keep an "old boat" working far beyond it's useful lifespan).

My recipe for re-christening a boat has always been to invite some freinds, buy a good bottle of Champagne, open it and pour some down the bow and serve the rest to your waiting guests. (...smashing a bottle across the bows is such a waste!)

Besides if there really were "boating gods", gas would be $1 a gallon! ...Not to mention, it'd never rain all summer! ...In fact, if they really existed, it wouldn't be so damn cold right now!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. Sounds like a great idea for just having a party with good boating friends.

Hopefully the the old letters are not too difficult to peel off.
Might want to wait till it gets a little warmer.

Thanks
Michael

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
3M makes a wicked rubber wheel that when you attach it to a drill. It takes the graphics right off without hurting the gel coat. I think they cost about 20 bucks, but well worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.