Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned boat for 3years. The original owner told me he made awooden plaque ,placed it on stern. It said ( sin or swim) the name of the boat. His wife immediately through it overboard. There is no name on the boat since. Two days ago someone else tells me his boat is called (sin or swim) I think pretty popular name but dont care to much the name. The question Is it ok to change the name of boat or is it a curse. Heard rumors changing name bad omen for boat.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I guess it depends on if you are superstisious or not.
I personally don't believe in that and did rename my boat.

·
Registered
685 Posts
There's no bad luck in renaming a boat. Just make sure your new name has class, is not crass, and is applied with a littlle pizzaz.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(Jason R @ Aug 25 2003, 10:39 AM)I guess it depends on if you are superstisious or not.
I personally don't believe in that and did rename my boat.
Uh huh, and what happened to your boat after you re-named it? or My boat, or Jeffs boat????
J/K
It should be no problem, but just in case, make sure you preform the renaming ceramony.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I am definitely going to do the ceremony on my next boat! I'm usually not superstitious about things like this, but after renaming my current boat, and having some of the bizarre things that have happened, I have my doubts!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts