Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone every go there.

Its a Polish resturant(so it appears).

Always wanted to stop in and check out the eats. Hopefully so soup Czarnina that is!

Kid friendly?

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(FunHappyGrl @ May 2 2003, 10:38 PM)have no clue, sorry garydebs
Of course...It's way on the East side for you!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ May 2 2003, 09:40 PM)QUOTE(FunHappyGrl @ May 2 2003, 10:38 PM) have no clue, sorry garydebs

have any questions about west side places and i'm your woman!! LOL

i'm slowly but surely getting to know the eastside! I was at CBJ and warden's place twice last weekend!!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(FunHappyGrl @ May 2 2003, 10:41 PM)QUOTE(garydebs @ May 2 2003, 09:40 PM) QUOTE(FunHappyGrl @ May 2 2003, 10:38 PM) have no clue, sorry garydebs

i'm slowly but surely getting to know the eastside! I was at CBJ and warden's place twice last weekend!!

Hopefully you spent the night!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ May 2 2003, 10:02 PM)QUOTE(FunHappyGrl @ May 2 2003, 10:41 PM) QUOTE(garydebs @ May 2 2003, 09:40 PM) QUOTE(FunHappyGrl @ May 2 2003, 10:38 PM) have no clue, sorry garydebs

Hopefully you spent the night!!!!!!
nope, didn't really drink sat night.

and sunday was a blast, but kept the drinking under control...was too busy laughing at everyone too really drink too much

·
Registered
331 Posts
Sorry Garydebs,
I see no need to go to a polish resturant, My mother side of the family is all polish and I get enough polish food to last for a year....lol

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(WakinUp @ May 2 2003, 11:10 PM)Sorry Garydebs,
I see no need to go to a polish resturant, My mother side of the family is all polish and I get enough polish food to last for a year....lol
Treasure it...

Haven't had any good home cooking (polish style) since Grams past!

Baby doll makes good Pierogis and gawumpkees(HA HA SPELLING)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ya, I do charish it.. My mother makes good Pierogis and Stuffed cabbage too ( to hard to spell it the other way).....

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
My wife and I drove past Renee's for years and finally stopped in one night in the summer of 2001.

We were on our nightly ride to our boat at Bouvier Bridge when we got stuck in traffic headed to the Algonac fireworks around the Fourth of July. We had planned to go to Brisbay, the old Munchies, but figured it would take forever to go all that way at a bumper to bumper crawl. When we looked over at Renee's, we could see pretty checkered table clothes and little vases with flowers and I said "Let's give it a try".

Two dusty deer heads greeted us when we walked in.
Two other customers were there, seated at the bar, nursing beers with their eyes glued to Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. The windows were open and the tables with their pretty checkered table clothes weren't so pretty up close - they were oilcloth and covered with road grit. So were the plastic flowers in their vases.

The owner, a big old guy with a big, round polish nose, didn't want to clean off the table where we wanted to sit, so we sat in a booth he lead us to. My wife, a vegetarian, looked at the menu and found the only thing that looked like she could eat it, a shrimp basket. We asked for water and the owner acted like that was an odd request. Then we asked about salad and he said he didn't have any.

My wife ordered the shrimp and he skrinched up his face so it was all wrinkles and puckers and said "I don't like the way fish smells so I don't cook any seafood". We pointed out he may want to take it off the menu if he doesn't sell it and he said he might do that when he gets new menus. I still wanted to taste the pierogis so I ordered a mixed bunch. The owner went in the back, threw what I think were store-bought frozen pierogi's on the grill and squished them under a spatula. They weren't very good and they stunk to high heaven. I got them to go, later ate a couple and pitched the rest.

We eventually went to Brisbay were we had a very nice meal at a good price. I can't say I would recommend Renee's, even though I like local color.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
good authentic downhome polish cooking=Kraukus in Hamtramck. i guarantee is the real deal. mmmmmmmm!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(boatmonkey @ May 3 2003, 09:23 AM)My wife and I drove past Renee's for years and finally stopped in one night in the summer of 2001.

We were on our nightly ride to our boat at Bouvier Bridge when we got stuck in traffic headed to the Algonac fireworks around the Fourth of July. We had planned to go to Brisbay, the old Munchies, but figured it would take forever to go all that way at a bumper to bumper crawl. When we looked over at Renee's, we could see pretty checkered table clothes and little vases with flowers and I said "Let's give it a try".

Two dusty deer heads greeted us when we walked in.
Two other customers were there, seated at the bar, nursing beers with their eyes glued to Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. The windows were open and the tables with their pretty checkered table clothes weren't so pretty up close - they were oilcloth and covered with road grit. So were the plastic flowers in their vases.

The owner, a big old guy with a big, round polish nose, didn't want to clean off the table where we wanted to sit, so we sat in a booth he lead us to. My wife, a vegetarian, looked at the menu and found the only thing that looked like she could eat it, a shrimp basket. We asked for water and the owner acted like that was an odd request. Then we asked about salad and he said he didn't have any.

My wife ordered the shrimp and he skrinched up his face so it was all wrinkles and puckers and said "I don't like the way fish smells so I don't cook any seafood". We pointed out he may want to take it off the menu if he doesn't sell it and he said he might do that when he gets new menus. I still wanted to taste the pierogis so I ordered a mixed bunch. The owner went in the back, threw what I think were store-bought frozen pierogi's on the grill and squished them under a spatula. They weren't very good and they stunk to high heaven. I got them to go, later ate a couple and pitched the rest.

We eventually went to Brisbay were we had a very nice meal at a good price. I can't say I would recommend Renee's, even though I like local color.

It kinda looks like a grease bar! Any other confirmations????????????????

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ May 3 2003, 09:46 AM)good authentic downhome polish cooking=Kraukus in Hamtramck. i guarantee is the real deal. mmmmmmmm!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
It was local and I thought hmmmmmm

But not now

Looks like the olny places are 15/dequindre & Polski town!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(Amielou @ May 3 2003, 10:35 AM)you have to be from out here to appericate Renees!
give us some history!!!!!

Sell it baby
JK

As a kid I don't remember it!

in the past few years we've just passed it by!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I go there all the time, its close to my house. If you want atmosphere forget about it, its a really old building, and the last updates were in the early 70's, then 30 years of smoke stains, spilled pops and beer, ect, you get the picture. But if you like Awesome preogi's, city chicken, bar burgers, fries, or anything I've tried there which is everything on the menu, its good, really good, including his salads, hope youre there when he makes his own blue cheese dressing...mmmmm....I talk to him about his perogis, I think the meat are the best, he said, he hand makes all the dough, buys top grade meat from the butcher, spices it, bakes it, shreds it and stuffs the perogis himself, just like your grandmas would, only bettter than any I've had. He makes a few hundred, and freezes most of them, refrigerates what he needs to use, but You can stop in and pick them up by the dozen, uncooked, for like $6.00 a dozen. The place is the biggest dive ever, but I'll never stop going there. His service is bad, the places is not nice at all, like an old run dowwn cabin, but once you get hooked on the food, you wont care. My friends come over on snowmobile all the time in the winter, and we always end up overdoseing on food at renes every time.

·
Registered
699 Posts
most of the bars in this area are "down home" type bars. full of locals and people who have been here for years. I do Renee travel, and he is a real nut. Chris grew up in a house behind Renees. in winter it's a great place to ride the snow machines to because we can take all back roads! we've only had burgers there and they are the normal bar burgers! some of the coldest beer in town. I am not sure if we should be very proud of this but, Chris and I can give you the run down on most of the local bars in the Anchor Bay/Richmond/Algonac area. Chris has a huge family and someone is always around and we have been here forever.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(Amielou @ May 3 2003, 11:05 AM)most of the bars in this area are "down home" type bars. full of locals and people who have been here for years. I do Renee travel, and he is a real nut. Chris grew up in a house behind Renees. in winter it's a great place to ride the snow machines to because we can take all back roads! we've only had burgers there and they are the normal bar burgers! some of the coldest beer in town. I am not sure if we should be very proud of this but, Chris and I can give you the run down on most of the local bars in the Anchor Bay/Richmond/Algonac area. Chris has a huge family and someone is always around and we have been here forever.
We will have to try!!!!

It all about the food !!!! We're not the type to turn our noses cause they don't serve vintage wine!

As kids we always stopped at Kays

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Renee's port lounge was one of the establishments in the fairhaven/algonac area that served me when i was a minor. Renee's food is ok...I had pierogi's there before.
It's a dive

1 - 20 of 31 Posts